Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

                Harmony knew that she was in trouble. She knew that she was going to have to talk about some things that she had been putting off for a while. She knew that after she said what needed to be said, things were never going to be the same. She knew all of this, but that didn’t mean that she was looking forward to it.

                Currently, Belle was still unconscious on the couch. After Harmony saw her sister fainting she moved her to the couch in the living room so she wouldn’t be too uncomfortable when she woke up. It was a small gesture for her to do considering the load of information she was about to spill. Harmony looked around the room that they were currently in. It was always a friendly room to her. There were large windows that let the bright sunlight to come rushing in. Her parents had decorated the room in a variety of yellows and oranges. The while room just had a homey feel to it. When they first moved to the area, Harmony felt  so out of place, but this room was somewhere she felt at peace. It quickly became a safe zone for her.

                Slowly, Harmony returned her attention back to her younger sister. Belle’s green eyes had yet to open up and Harmony started to feel the creeping fear of what would happen when she did wake up. Somehow she knew that she wouldn’t be as lucky as the last time Belle had fainted.

                As if Belle had sensed her sister’s gaze, the younger girl’s eyes started to twitch, signaling that she was starting to wake up. Both eyes opened at the same time and started into her older sister’s slightly darker green ones. Belle tried to move so that she was resting on her elbows and Harmony helped her up into more of a sitting position on the couch.

                “Hey, how are you feeling?” Harmony asked though inside she was slightly freaking out.

                At first, Belle didn’t say anything. She assumed that she was on the couch because her sister had moved her there, but she was trying to remember what had happened to cause her to faint. Then, it all came rushing upon her like a strong current. The book, the picture, the fire.

                The werewolves, Belle thought as chills raced up and down her spine.

                “That book,” Belle started, her voice small and scared, “it is all true.”

                Harmony gulped as she looked down at her sister. This is not how she wanted her to find out. She gave Belle that book so that she would read it and then when Harmony did tell her, she would have less questions. Apparently, fate was not on her side. Again.

                “Yeah,” Harmony said breathlessly.

                “How did you get that book, Harmony? Tell me the truth.” Belle demanded from her sister, regaining a little strength.

                “Please, don’t freak out,” Harmony pleaded.

                “Don’t freak out? I just found out that a mythical creature is actually real and you are asking me not to freak out?” Belle questioned, her voice going up a slight octave.

                “Fine, then I need you to promise me to hear me out before you do anything, okay?” Harmony asked, hoping that her sister would grant her this one wish. Belle merely nodded in response, giving Harmony her promise. “Alright, let me start at the beginning.

                “When I was thirteen, I was always angry and I stopped hanging out with people. You remember that right? Well, there was a reason for all of that. Shortly after my thirteenth birthday, I experienced that first change. I turned into a werewolf. I got that book from William Kemp. He is a werewolf too and knew that I was going to be going through the change soon. He is actually the Alpha of the local pack. He helped me with a lot of the questions I had about what was going on. Remember all those nights that I would sneak out? Mom and dad thought that I was doing it to sneak off to go to parties. I was actually going into the forest so that I could run a little.