Chapter Two

Chapter two

                As usual, the first day of school went by quickly. It seemed that once the start bell rang, the hours seemed to fly by. It was a constant blur of faces from the previous year and welcoming syllabuses from the teachers. However, remarkably, Belle was exhausted by the end of the day and was thankful to be in the car with Crystal and Megan on the way home.

                “I still can’t believe that I don’t have a single class with any of the new guys!” Crystal complained. Belle resisted the urge to roll her eyes and heard Megan sigh in the back seat.

                “Get over it Crystal.” Megan replied for what seemed like the hundredth time that day.

                “Oh, don’t start with me Megan! You at least have class with one of them! What is his name? Tanner?” Crystal shot back. This time, Belle actually laughed a little, earning a glare from Crystal.

                “Relax, Crystal, you at least have classes with us! Plus, you have lunch with all three of them.” Belle tried to reason.  

                “Don’t start with me, Belle! You have every class with one of them!” Crystal cried back. Belle just rolled her eyes. Yeah, she had every class with one of the new kids. A certain new kid. The one and only, Alec Kemp. She remembered how…smoothly…first period had went.

Flash Back

                “Yeah I’ll see you at lunch!” Belle called out to Megan as she entered her first period class, AP Government with Mr. Boris. She quickly scanned the room and found a friend of hers sitting in the middle of the room. Belle swiftly maneuvered over to the brown haired girl and sat down in the seat next to her.

                “Hey Mika, how was your summer break?” Belle asked. Mika smiled at Belle and shrugged.

                “Eh, same old same old. My dad and I went on a vacation to Myrtle Beach, which was fun. How was yours?” Mika questioned.

                “Fine, short, but other then that nothing too exciting. I had to stay at home for most of it but did go to see Harmony at her new apartment.” Belle replied as she rifled through her bag in search of her pencil. Mika was about to respond when the teacher called attention to the class.

                “Alright everyone, settle down,” Mr. Boris called out, “Check your schedules and make sure you are in the right class. I am Mr. Boris for anyone who doesn’t know me and this is AP Government. This,” He said as he held up a sheet of paper, “is a basic overview of what we will be covering in this class. As it is being passed around, I want everyone to skim through it while I call attendance.”

                The papers were being passed around as the teacher started to sort through some papers on his already cluttered desk when the door to the room opened with a loud bang. Belle heard many gasps and turned her head to look at the person in the door frame. What she saw was a very, VERY, good looking guy. He was tall and handsome. He had that dangerous look to him but that just added to his charm. It was easy to say that he would become the new obsession for every girl in the school.

                “And you are?” Mr. Boris asked with a raised eyebrow.

                “Alec Kemp,” The boy replied smoothly in a deep, very male, voice.

                “Ah, Mr. Kemp, since you are new to the school I’ll give you a pass but next time be on time for my class. You can take a seat,” The teacher explained as he gestured to the classroom, giving Alec the chance to pick from the few empty seats in the room. Belle risked the chance to glance at him again and saw him looking directly at her. She failed at suppressing the shiver that ran up her spine. Who, Déjà vu, she thought to herself.