Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

                 Waking up in your own room is something of a norm. Waking up in your own room with several pairs of eyes staring back at you, isn’t. So, naturally, Belle was a little startled when she woke up in her own room with Harmony, Crystal, and Megan all staring back at her.

                “You guys, give her some space,” Abigail Alistair told the girls. Reluctantly, they stepped away from their friend. They did not go far, though. Yet, it was enough for Belle’s mother to step forward and peer at her daughter. “How are you feeling sweetheart? You hit your head pretty hard when you fainted. You have been out for a couple of hours now.”

                “I fainted?” Belle asked slightly confused. She had no memory of what happened up to her waking up. She remembered going to school, but after that, there was nothing. It was like a gaping hole in her mind. “I,I don’t remember anything. Why did I faint?”

                “Well,” Abigail replied biting her lip. She knew that it was possible for her daughter not to remember fainting, most people don’t. Yet, she was hoping she would remember something. “You were in the kitchen with Crystal and Harmony and you said you were starting to feel light headed and you fainted. We were hoping that you could fill us in with more detail then what they could give us.”

                “You don’t remember anything?” Harmony asked with concern lacing her voice. She was worried about her sister, although deep inside, she couldn’t help but be slightly relieved that she couldn’t remember the wolf or the fight.

                “No,” Belle mumbled, trying to think of something that had happened, “all I remember is going to school.”

                “You don’t remember coming home?” Crystal asked.

                “No, how did I get home?” She answered, scrunching her eyebrows together, trying to think of how she did get home. But it was a mystery to her.

                “I drove us to your house and then I was planning to stay a while since I didn’t want to be home alone.” Crystal responded.

                “Well,” Megan said walking back over to Belle, “I don’t care what you remember, I’m just glad that you’re okay.” Belle gave Megan an easy smile. It was obvious that her friends were upset but secretly, Belle was happy that they cared so much.

                “We are all okay that you are okay.” Abigail agreed, smiling at her daughter. “Girls, why don’t we let Belle relax a little, okay? Belle, if you need anything let me know okay?” Then, being the mother that she was, Abigail ushered the three girls out of the room and closed the door, hoping that her daughter could relax a little.

                Belle stayed in her bed for a while, thinking. Every other time that she had fainted before, there had been a reason behind it. There had to be a reason as to why she had fainted. She knew there had to be. Yet, every time she tried to think of something, her mind came up blank. It was frustrating. Belle always prided herself in being able to remember things. Yet, nothing. Nada. Zip.

                How infuriating, Belle thought as she laid her head back down on her pillows. Looking over to her clock, she saw the bright figures spelling out the time.

                7:10 P.M.  

                I should go get something to eat. And with that thought, Belle carefully swung her legs over the side of her bed. She let her feet touch the cold floor. Carefully, she drew herself up to a standing position, stretching out her muscles. Padding across the floor, she made it to her door. As she opened it up, she heard the voices down the hall. Strange, who could that be? Trying to stay silent, Belle listened to the voices that seemed to be arguing with each other.