"Look Jade-" she held up her hand not wanting to hear the excuses she knew he would make for her brother.

"Don't bother Marco. I know you had nothing to do with this, but if you could just give me space, I would like." Marco said nothing as he walked out of the tent cursing his brother. Once Jade had finished unpacking the first thing she did was head, to the supervisors to inform them about changing their daily routes.

Almost an hour and a half later after much negotiation and Jade impressing the supervisors they worked out different routes to take and different times promising her another meeting tomorrow to go over her mission and work out the logistics. When Jade left, she went into the common room to find her men in an intense game of poker.

Jade waited until the next game before she bought into the games smiling at the surrounding men about to get their assess handed to them.

Six rounds later Jade had wiped them clean and also drew in a crowd. In the back of the room, he stood in the shadows and watched as she laughed and glowed in the surrounding environment. He wished he could join her, but he knew he royally fucked up and he knew he would have to live with that every day of his life.

He left the room as it was too painful to listen to her laugh the same way she used to laugh with him. He knew he should have told her he was leaving, but the last time he went away and told the women who he thought he loved she fucked someone else and tried to pin the baby on him.

He knew Jade would never do that to him, but it was still in the back of his mind. So he did what he did best, leave without another word.

Jade could feel him staring at her in the back of the room, but when she finally found the courage to look up towards his fiery stare, he was gone. Instead of focusing on that scumbag, she collected her winnings and smiled at the men around. After the game, Jade knew she would have to get an early night as she had morning patrol and needed all her strength to deal with Marcus whose squad was joining them.

***

The sun hadn't even risen when Jade groaned and kicked her sheets off her bed sweat already clinging to her like a second skin. She put on a clean shirt before waking up the rest of her men who cursed and groaned at the early start. While Jade waited for them to get ready, she quickly stopped by the kitchen to get some food knowing it would be a very long morning. As she sat at a table thinking about the mission, she would have to execute soon her body became tense and aware as Marcus walked into the room grabbed his food and took a seat next to her.

Jade turned away slightly and ignored him although he wanted to talk to her. She heard her team before she could see them and when they entered the room, their cold stares went straight to the man sitting next to her. Knowing he was no longer welcome Marcus got up and left before Jades team murdered him with their eyes.

Once they joined Jade, she told them that within the week they would complete the mission than just have to ride the rest of the tour out without too much complication. It was originally a rescue mission, but the more intel they received the more they discovered, which changed it from a rescue mission to an undercover operation.

"This is an 8-hour patrol Mass, Taylor you boys need to slip off and return unnoticed by the Bravo team. I want you to surveillance the area. We won't be far from where the mission starts." She pulled a map up to the table were in red she drew where they would have to investigate.

"I want a report of the activity and who is coming in and out. Stay away from the purple zone that is our target, but we need to know what is going on around the area." The men nodded and talked to themselves on how they would slip away for 4 hours unnoticed. They decided to do it in 1-hour blocks so Bravo team wouldn't become suspicious.