Chapter 27 Despair

Chapter 27

Despair

I exited the guild, running to the battle to help my friends. We had to win this... I was determined. My friends needed me.

"Open! Gate of the elemental dragons! Igneel, Grandeeney, Tsunami, and Earthquake!!" I watched as Igneel, Grandeeney, Tsunami, and Earthquake appeared in front of me. They stepped forward and looked at me expectantly. I gestured forward. They turned around and started attacking the enemies.

Once Natsu saw Igneel, he froze staring at him, emotions all over his face, first was happiness, then confusion, and finally anger. He was distracted for so long, he didn't notice an enemy about to attack him.

"Natsu!" He looked at me, then towards his combatant, but it was too late. The aggressor had stuck his sword into his stomach when he turned around. I screamed out, running to help him. The man that attacked him twisted his sword and pulled it out. I screamed in horror.

"L-uce..." His eyes flashed red and looked angry, it almost went unnoticed, then he collapsed. I ran to him, and caught him before he hit the ground, the battle raging on around us. Three people came around and I glared at them and without getting up, used my fire magic to engulf the entire battlefield in fire, burning everyone in 40 foot radius, most of which were the enemies since my guild mates have common sense.

I cradled Natsu to my chest trying to think of a way to help him. Igneel ran over with the other dragons to see if I was hurt from the sudden blast of flame, they didn't know it was me I suppose. Once they reached me, Igneel took one look at my face and then at Natsu. He roared in mourning. I cried out, also and laid my head on his chest. I could still hear his faint heart beat. It made me sad that he was still conscious to feel this pain. My head shot straight up with an idea.

I have that forbidden spell...  I started preparing for the forbidden spell. I can use this spell only once so I have to use it wisely. I decided this would be the perfect time...

"Guardian of the dead spare this friend he is not ready to die."

I watched as Natsu started  to glow and was lifted into the air. I felt all my magic drain from me and I collapsed before I could see everything else that happened. All I remember is muscular arms wrap around me and heard a faint "Luce..."

AN- Should I write a second book or leave it at this??? Up to you guys <3