16

○●Dana●○
When I seen Eric... I was like "C'mere  bae." in my head.
But I had to play what I wanted to say off. And really pretend I wasn't thinking anything but how sweet this was. Eric is the best man in my life right now.
I couldn't ask for better from God. He done enough |Singing in my head|. Anyway, they played a song called I found you by Bebe Winans. I was crying and it found it cute how only a little of my family was here and part of the whole church made it to my wedding. No one knew we engaged except for us. I wanted to be discrete about it for a little , I guess Eric don't care. Welp... a little too late for discretion.

As I'm walking down the aisle with my hairdo and all this get up I look at Eric and he crying like a baby looking up to the Heavens.
My heart smiled at the fact that He praising the Lord because he has me.

I get to him and realize his dad is marrying us. The church he's pastor over was actually his father's church.
Anyway, his dad said a few words and had mentioned written vows...
Okay.... not bad. But it was kind of unexpected. That's an understatement. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING.
Eric had started to talk grabbing my hands.
"Hey beautiful. I wanna kiss you but pops hasn't finished yet." Everyone chuckled. I smiled , and he kept talking.
"You know that... I love you so much. You don't know how much of a blessing you have been to me and my daughter. You've took the place as her mom showing her the ways of the world and how to be a woman. And you didn't have to you don't even have any children, for that I love you. And for being a strong woman in Christ. Your Endurance through these judgemental comments of other church members and people period has boosted my faith in God. I just know that through Jesus I'll remain with you through the thick and the thin. Everything life tosses our way, I'm gonna do everything in my power to keep you joyous in this marriage, because I don't wanna lose you.
You want attention you got it... you Want an almost 700$ pair of shoes, you got it. And most importantly, love will never escape my heart for you Dana Jaliah Brooks." He paused slightly wiping a tear from his nose.
"Girl... mm... girl, owww... Till death do us part is my vow I love you."

Everyone had aww'd us.
" okay well I guess it's my turn." I smiled blushing because he winked at me.
"Honey, I can't even begin to express how much love I have for you for the things you have done for me these past months. And I realize that it was nobody but God that sent you my way. Do my struggles with pain all the things that I was going through living in the world being in sin... Here's my Earthly Hero." I started crying.
"Nobody. Has ever shown me so much love and respect. You practically nursed me back to Jesus when I felt like I was praying and he wasn't giving me an answer when all along the answer was right in my face. You didn't care about whatever the world was thinking about me. You saw me who I really was... my inside, the funny girl, the outgoing & adventurous girl,the sentimental girl, the girl that only longed For Love...
My knight , in shining armor. I was locked in that tower for too long waiting for you. Now I can't get enough of you." I wiped a tear from the corner of my mouth.
"I vow to be one , to love you, be by your side faithfully. Through everything. I trust that God won't allow anything to break us apart. Because what he put together, let no man tear apart." I heard people saying "amen."
"Till death... Do us part baby."
He was cheesing.
His dad stepped up.
"You basically said it. What God has put together,  let no man separate.... the rings please?"
My ring was already big as all get out now he got me a ring that's even bigger and gold.... this man packing in his wallet.
We put the rings on each other's fingers.
"By the power invested in me, and Washington state... I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss your bride son."

Eric grabbed my face and kissed me. No this time for real. Like he's never kissed me before. In front of everyone.

Yes Lord.... Work it OUT!

I' let him have it... cause he's released whatever he's wanted to do from inside.
It seemed like we were kissing for five minutes and we finished.
And people were like "Woooh!"
I shook my head laughing at them.
We were walking down the aisle and to the limo..

I looked at him he looked at me and we were just cheesing. It's like it's unexplainable, That's like real love. That true love the love that has God as the head. That love.

Once we got in the limo it was just us two. Oh, and I forgot to tell you somebody put that "Just Married." Ribbon and sign on the back of the limo. Who cares... I'm married for Christ sake!
This feels so good.

I looked up to the Heavens from the window. "Thank you Abba... thank you so much." A tear slipped my eye.
Then I looked back at Eric.
"Baby, where we going?"

He was rubbing my arm.
"Well, wife..." He paused smiling, I could feel it.
"What Eric?"
"Oh, I'm sorry it just felt so good to say that because it was my life long dream,  but back to the hotel. To our wedding reception. A brotha, gotta eat and thennnnn um we're spending one last night in the hotel before our next destination baby."

"Next destination? We're going somewhere else ?"

"Yes ma'am."

I gasped.
"You handsome trickster you... where?"

"Well.... you have the right outfits for it so take take a wild guess..."

Okay so I've been nagging Eric for a really long time about going to the Bahamas. When we had the conversation he said that, that's really expensive for just a simple day or simple vacation. And I was just like hol' up dude you really have the most money in the town.. what are you talking about? Why is money even a concern for you right now? So... my conclusion is that we are going on a cruise to the Bahamas and I am so excited!!!! Especially,  because this is my honeymoon... I just got married to mr. Eric Rodgers. I'm Mrs.Rodgers
Wow.... it's not gonna be a walk in the park but this is exciting and heart warming that I get to call this man. Whom has never been married, my husband. The one person I would've never though had interest in me in high school. I'm thinking too deep I didn't  realize we were at the hotel and Eric had his hand out to help me out the car.

"Oop. I'm sorry." I got out and he had the door open but he closed it shut.
We were walking hand in hand.

"So, about the next destination. It's the Bahamas isn't it?"

He smiled.

I was blushing for no reason.

Just Married! !!!!