13

○●Dana●○

"Baby, you got your purse ? Where your keys at?"
Eric had came through the front door with his spare key.

"Yeah, I think I got everything."
I had my hands full. My purse in one hand and a duffle bag in the other. And my makeup satchel over my shoulder.
He was looking around checking for stuff.
"Alright, I guess you have everything.  You cool ? And who was that woman in that PT Cruiser turning out the driveway?"
I scrunched up my face. No wonder she was happy about my success. She still have that 12 year old car? Geez.

"Uh... that was my mom."
I wasn't looking at him so signify I didn't feel like talking about her.

"Oh , aight. Let's go."
We walked outside and seen Ciara and Jaxon wrestling in the driveway.

"Hey , Hey! What yall doin'? Yall gone get left right here." Eric had spoke up saying. I shook my head laughing at them because Ciara was windmillin' him.

"She's such a character."
Eric put my bags away in the back of the truck. And I got in front. When Eric got back in he cranked the car and started pulling out. They ran towards the truck trying to open the door.
Eric stopped and unlocked the doors.
They soon got in and Ciara said. "Daddy you was gone leave me?
He turned off my street driving.
"Ciara don't play with me right now. You and Jax keep up the play fighting foolishness. That's why you almost got left." She took a deep breath. I'm sure she rolled her eyes too.  With her being 15 now she sure had a lot more attitude.

"Alright daddy, my bad."
She pulled out her phone and started texting.
Jax was whispering in her when I glanced at them so I guess they alright  now.
I turned the radio up a little.

When we got to Eric's house there was like a bus there. RV or something. I thought we were flying though? This thing better have A/C or somebody is gonna be in trouble.

"Honey, I thought we were gonna take an airplane?"
He cut the car off getting out.
I got out too. Is he agitated or something? "Eric? You alright? I mean if this is gonna start off wrong I might as well go back home.
He was unloading the trunk.

"Look Dana, just... leave it alone I'm aight. And I changed my mind. Jaxon is scared of planes."

I nodded.
"Okay." With that I walked away to Jaxon side of the truck and knocked on the window.
The windows were tinted and it was hard to see but these two were swallowing each other.
They better be glad Eric don't see them. And he still didn't hear my knock.

So I beat on the window.
They jumped and he turned around looking at me through the window. I gave a "mhm. I saw you" Look.

I told him to get out and help Eric he did so and Ciara followed me to the RV. I opened the door going in sitting down.
When I sit down thinking i realized that this is a road trip, not an actual anniversary trip. But it looks better for Eric because the kids are going.

"Ma!" I looked at Ciara staring me down.

"Huh- what'd you say?" She laughed pointing to the door.
"DAD wants you."
I looked to my right and got up stepping down the steps leaving the RV to go see what he wants.

I got to him and he was closing the trunk.
"Hey sweetheart, you mad at me ?"
He got close to me and pinched the side of my thigh. I smiled.

"Naw I'm not. I'm just waiting for you." He was smirking in my face, acting like he cool.

"Oh aight. Let's go baby." He kissed my cheek and we walked to the RV.
When I got in I seen them (Ciara & Jaxon) wrestling again.

"Oh boy, I don't know how  Imma deal with these Clowns here."