Peace and quiet

(Your pov)

It wasn't long before the room was like a graveyard at night. it was so quiet and abit Erie feeling. It wasn't a feeling you were used to and definitely not one you wanted to feel right now. All the things going on around you , meeting bill, dipper getting all grim faced , ford... Questioning your existence. Not to mention all the really strange things going on near your house.

" hey dipper, let's go take waddles and maybe.. Look for some flowers out back ok?" You broke the silence that was eating away at the room. At first it seemed like dipper wasn't going to reply , he had on a sad look while he pet waddles one last time.

" alright, let me just go get my journal I'll be a second " he gave an odviously forced smile before heading into his room.

You picked up waddles and carried him like one would hug a cat or dog and started heading down the stairs to the living room. You waited for dipper for a bit , it was taking longer then you would expect for him to just grab the journal and run down. But before long there came dipper running down with his journal at hand and a backpack hanging from one strap on his shoulder.

" I had to get my gear, Mabel put it high in the closet for some reason..." he chuckled, you were glad he was back to normal , at least on the outside.

You could still clearly see a faint sad aura around him meaning he wasn't over what you spoke about yet, but you wanted to make things better and have fun. Today had been a strangely upsetting day and it was all the more reason you wanted to turn it around and make dipper smile again. Dipper was pretty good at hiding things when it came to how upset he was, and you could tell this because of the aura he gave off. Ether way , you were determined to help him feel better and forget all about that bill guy.  " let's go pick some beautiful flowers. Maybe we can make a crown for Mabel when she gets home" you gave your warmest smile trying to lighten the mood. It was after all still light out and the flowers in gravityfalls were always something to gawk at during this time of year; or so you've heard.

Making your way outside with dipper you were greeted by ford still seated outside on the porch he was still tinkering away like nothing had happened. It was kind of relieving that he was so focused on his work and it great to see he was having progress with whatever it was he was working on. You waved him a hello before you and dipper went into the woods to look for flowers that might look good linked into a crown, you both came across a small meadow full of various flowers like babies breath and daffodils, blue bells, those were a wonderful piece. Deciding you should take a seat in the meadow was best since you and dipper hadn't really spoken a word to each other the whole way there. You silently picked flower after flower twisting the stems and weaving them into a crown like shape. You wanted to make one for Mabel , she loved doing things like this didn't she? Of course, you were sure if she was with you she would have made a crown for everyone who lived in gravityfalls. She was like a light in a dark cave that's for sure.

" I don't get how you can make this stuff (F/N)" dipper was clearly struggling to bend the flowers the way it was supposed to go and in his hands he had a really broken looking knot of floral arrangements. " don't be silly, you can make one , just focus on the flowers and twist them carefully like this" you showed him how it was done and repeated the steps a few times before he understood how it was done. By the time he finished his you had made five, one for every pines and one for waddles. You placed one of the flower crowns on dippers head over his hat his pale blush telling you he appreciated the gesture. Dipper had made his own attempt at a flower crown , it wasn't as good as yours but he gave it to you anyways shying his gaze away from your form as he put out the crown and placed it in your lap. You took it and placed it on your head not caring how janky it looked what with the flowers looking almost like he had gotten frustrated with them.

You decided to make one more crown in the mellow silence the two of you were. You dressed this one up in daisies and baby's breathe using blue bells as decoration along every way. You thought it would look nice on the demon you had met, and decided to give it to him as a peace offering next time you met. The mellow silence acting like a natural soothing background noise to your ears as dipper now took a nap against one of the trees. Your mind wandered back, back to the demon in the woods and the strange look on his face when you had run off.

Maybe he'd leave the pines alone if you made peace with him this way.