Epilogue

One month had passed since I had killed Robert Dylan and put an end to his tyranny once and for all. That night I had managed to stagger to the hospital where I found Olivia and Vinnie waiting for me there when I arrived. Vinnie had survived the knife wound and he was being treated while I was treated for my gunshot wound.

I decided to sell the apartment me and my grandparents had lived in, there were too many bad memories there and I moved in with Olivia, there was more than enough room for me to be there, and after all, Olivia and I were truly in love. My next concern was finding another job, Vinnie and I had been fired from our window cleaning jobs but it was always easy to find jobs in New York City and soon enough we found ourselves working as waste disposal men, it wasn't easy or clean but it was better than nothing and was still a job after all. Another benefit was that it didn't require us to go up into the sky and to look into windows. I had definitely had enough of that for one lifetime.

Dylan's body was found and it was thought to be a suicide, apparently a rumour surfaced where Dylan had cracked and went insane and shot all of his bodyguards before jumping to his death. I don't know who thought up of the rumour but I sure was thankful that no one was looking for me. With no strong opposition the Mayor managed to stay in office for another term and although he might have not been the best leader, he was still much better than a sadistic multimillionaire sociopath. One of the Mayor's main priorities was to tackle corruption especially within the New York Police Department; perhaps there would finally be some honest police officers in New York City.

A few days ago I asked Olivia to marry me and she said yes, the wedding hadn't been planned yet but everyone was happy for us. For me, I couldn't be happier, I had the perfect soon to be wife, the most honest and loyal friend someone could ask for, a safe and steady job and best of all no corrupt policemen or maniacal politicians after me. After all of this time I think I was finally living the American dream.