Exposure

I was serious. I was going to kill Dylan, even if was the last thing I'd do, he had to be stopped, and he had to die. I spent the rest of the night contemplating his death and trying to devise a plan to execute him. First things first though, I had to expose him to the media.

It became morning and Olivia woke up, I decided there was no point in lying to her and I told her my plan. Of course she didn't approve,

"You'll get yourself killed Tobiasz! Robert Dylan is one of the most powerful men in New York; you won't be able to get close to him. We just need to get out of New York and start a new life somewhere." What Olivia said was true, it was going to be almost impossible to take Dylan out, and there was a very good chance I would die doing so, but I had to do this.

The suggestion of just starting a new life sounded tempting, to just leave this nightmare behind and start fresh with Olivia. We could find a nice quiet town and settle down and start a family, it would be absolutely perfect. But I came to New York for a fresh start and I wasn't leaving it, not yet. I looked at my phone and saw I had a missed call from Vinnie, I decided to ring him and tell him what had happened, he said that he was on his way and turned up not soon after.

Vinnie was devastated too, he tried to comfort me and it did help a little bit. It hadn't occurred to me that Vinnie and Olivia had also become good friends with my grandparents and they all got on with each other really well, we were like one big family. Now that family was gone. I told Vinnie my plan and he seemed to support me more than Olivia did.

I picked up the briefcase and we stopped by at the gun shop again to pick up some more bullets, let's see Dylan's thugs try and kill me now, I would gun them down without a second thought. Me, Vinnie and Olivia, all carrying weapons, ventured forth to Midtown to go to the New York Times with our story. It's not like anyone would believe me, but they would always want a scandal to work with since the New York Times was left wing and Robert Dylan was a die-hard Republican so they would do anything to ruin his reputation.

We arrived at the New York Times building and I told the receptionist a brief summary of our story and gave a few details away, she seemed suspicious but said we could go and talk to one of the journalists. We went in and the journalist told us to take a seat, I started to tell her about the events that had occurred over the past few days and began to show her all the evidence that we had in the briefcase, she didn't speak until we had finished our story.

"You know what? As crazy as it sound, I actually believe you, this evidence looks solid and your story...although it seems a little insane, isn't impossible to imagine. Tell you what, I'm gonna write up what you told me and then go to my boss to see what he thinks, if he approves then we'll consider publishing it. But for now I need time to write up a story. I'll ring you in a couple of days and tell you what we've decided." She seemed excited; I suppose it was a big scoop for them and perhaps a perfect opportunity to take down Dylan who was a Liberals worst nightmare. I just hope it wouldn't take her too long to get back to me, the election was in four days and something needed to be done quickly.

I didn't really care about the Mayor, he failed to help me at all and my only concern now was to completely ruin Dylan. I wanted to take everything away from him, just like he did with me. I guess the only thing I could do now was wait a couple of days until the journalist replies back, It's not like I could get to Dylan in any way, he was protected in his fortress and wouldn't let me go anywhere near him.

The only other thing to do was to stock up on weapons. Me, Olivia and Vinnie went into the gun shop, the man who worked there looked surprised to see us again. I bought more rounds for my pistol as well as getting another gun just in case, Vinnie and Olivia also replenished their ammunition. This was an all out war now.

For the next two days, we didn't do much; Olivia went to work as usual and said there were no suspicious men or anything following her. Vinnie and I had been fired from our jobs; Tony had called us up saying we were fired for not showing up to work too many times. I didn't really care though, I had bigger things to worry about, I still felt a little bad for Vinnie though. Still, it beats being dead, if we carried on going to work Dylan would have easily been able to hunt us down and kill us.

A couple of days later I received a call from the journalist who we talked to, she said she showed it to her boss and it would make exciting news so she said the story would be published tomorrow. The next day we woke up and checked the news on the TV and were glad to see that the assassination conspiracy on the Mayor was all over the news. Apparently there had been an uproar and the mayoral elections had been postponed. This was exactly what I wanted to happen, Dylan would be furious and it might possibly ruin his reputation.

This was just the first step though; Dylan still had to suffer much more for what he did to my grandparents. Dylan had to die.