Chapter One

Gerard P.O.V

I sighed, head in my hands. The sun was beginning to set, and I was nowhere near to finishing anything. I had spent many hours staring at the city below me, unable to concentrate. My thoughts confused me- they had done for the longest time. A gentle knock at my door snapped me out of my self-loathing, a smile instantly appearing on my face.

"I'm sorry to bother you Mr Way, I just have some paperwork for you." I sweet young girl said, her eyes reluctant to make any contact with mine. I assured her that it was okay, and that she should go home. The fake smile immediately vanished from my face as she closed the door. I couldn't stand pretending any longer. It made me feel more sick as I tried so desperately to fit in.

I stood up, hoping that it would help. The bustling city below me was full of life. I wanted to be a part of it; but I knew that I would be a huge, dark cloud on their excitement. A few recent, personal discoveries had led me to sink into a very dark depression. Many times I had considered ending it all, knowing that the parents that I supported and cared for wouldn't like it one bit. They were understanding, and I was totally sure that they knew that I was different. It was obvious- Mikey had shown interest in girls since the day that his voice broke. Me, I was different. At first I didn't have any interests in anything other than writing. Story books and picture books were my only interests.

Until it clicked in my mind. It wasn't a shock, it was more of an 'oh' moment in my life. More like an epiphany. I was too scared to tell my parents, their kind eyes wouldn't understand. Mikey suspected something, but knew that it wasn't worth asking about. He kept to himself, and me to myself. That was how we were.

I tucked one hand in my pockets, the other balled in a fist against the window as I watched the people move below me. I worked on the top floor; giving me the creepy perks of watching the passers by.
Another knock at the door, another fake smile for me to conjure.

"Mr Way, I'll be locking the building shortly. I just wanted you to be made aware." It was the janitor, his circular glasses glinting in the quickly fading sun. I thanked him, throwing everything that I hadn't done into my briefcase, sighing as I did so.

I had money- god I had more than I knew what to do with. But I insisted on staying at a run-down motel just out of town. I didn't want any commitments to people, or a house. I was lucky enough to be in the same job. Even though I had debated on quitting more times than I could count on my fingers. I liked seeing different faces every day, I liked living out of my car. If only my parents deemed it acceptable; they just took my money and thanked me when their bills were paid. Mikey was still living at home, as he was working with our father in the family garage. I didn't care for mechanics, the thought of getting dirt all over my expensive suits gave me the chills.

I took the elevator down to the ground floor, heels clicking against the old tiles on the ground. Shoving the door open, I was met with an embracing darkness. It swallowed me whole, making me feel somewhat at ease. No more stresses of the workplace- until tomorrow. I ran a hand through my brown hair, trying to remember where I had parked my car. I rolled my eyes, angry at myself for forgetting something so simple. My mind was swimming with information, and remembering things was not on my agenda.

After ten minutes or so, I grudgingly wandered over to the company parking lot, pulling my keys out of my pocket. I threw my briefcase onto the backseat, slamming the door. I flicked the little overhead light on, resting my head in my hands. I was exhausted, completely sleep deprived. I couldn't really remember the last time when I could sleep without having nightmares. Nightmares of things that nobody deserves to see in their entire lifetime.
I gathered back whatever mental strength I had left, lifting my head. The parking lot was deserted, there was only my light dimly lighting up the dark space around my car.

I threw it into drive, pulling out onto the road. I watched as the girls in tiny skirts stumbled up the street- loud, obnoxious men followed in pursuit. I rolled my eyes; how could women be attracted to us? How was I attracted to us?

My face twitched as my secret flooded into the front of my mind. I was attracted to men. A dangerous thought in a time like this. Innocent men and women were attacked simply for that fact. It's natural, something out of our control. I gripped my steering wheel as a wave of anger swept over me, I wanted to punch every evil fucker that took out their uneducated angers out on innocent people. Different is good, and discrimination against sexuality is dumb.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Last January by The Twilight Sad (Oran Mor Session)

A.N
New story!! Woooooo!!!! I have everything planned out exactly, and I know how Imma end it. And you may or may not be pissed off because of what I'm gonna do ;)

Lemme know what you think? Don't forget to comment and vote ;)