Chapter 12: Loving the bad boys name: Fire of a thousand suns

Bree's POV

It was Friday night.

Within the hour, we had all made it to Nina's house and taken accommodation in her bedroom. It was nice hanging out all of us together. It made me miss my girls back home as I was reminded of when we would just chill and have fun all day.

"Do you think I'm too short?"

We all turn to the voice of Mei as she inspects her body in the full length mirror before her. She was petit in frame and small in height but the slight slouch she had made her look shorter than she probably was.

Sarah tilts her head to the side slightly as she scans Mei's frame. "I think you're beautiful the way you are."

My phone suddenly vibrates beside me on the bed. I whip out my phone, squinting my eyes to read the most recent notification.

Ryder:
Hope you're having a good time, I love you x

I inwardly gushed, a smile etching on my face as I typed 'I love you too' with three heart eye emojis and pressed send.

"Awe, I want a boyfriend." Chanel gushes, plopping herself beside me as she peers over my shoulder to read my phone. "But not just any boyfriend, I want a good boyfriend. A nice boyfriend."

Tanner snorts coarsely. "Let me tell you a little something about the male species..." She starts off, "...good guys are like unicorns, some people believe in them, some people talk about them but nobody can actually find them."

"Um Ryder!" I object.

"Yeah, Mason too!" Nina chimes in, stood firmly at her vanity stand, inspecting herself in the mirror as she runs a brush through her hair. "Besides Tan, what do you know about the male species?" She jokes, deciding she had combed through her hair enough and resting the brush in a pot full of hairbrushes similar to the one she had just used.

"I know enough." Tanner huffs, sounding offended.

Sarah's laugh fills the room as she slings her arm over Tanner's shoulder. "Your philosophy is stupid." She quips.

Mei nods in agreement. "Yeah, and let's not forget about Hunter. He's a good guy."

"Hardly."

Chanel's reply is quick and instant. "Is that why you had your tongue down his throat? Because he's a terrible person?"

Silence fills the room as everyone turns to look at Tanner in shock. Chanel, in realisation of the bomb she'd just dropped, gasps and quickly covers her mouth as if doing so would magically take back her words.

"I'm gonna KILL YOU, SPENCER!" Tanner yells angrily threw gritted teeth as she lunges at Chanel. In a heartbeat Chanel was lying on the floor, Tanner straddling her and they both hit each other.

"Let go of me!" I barely manage to make out Chanel's words as they're muffled by the sound of everyone's screams as we desperately try to pry her hair out of Tanner's iron clad grasp.

We manage to do so, and haul a nostril flared Tanner off the floor and into the seat at Nina's vanity table.

"You're dead." Tanner threatens lowly through her exasperated breathes. Somehow that was scarier then her actually shouting. Everybody else seemed to be aware of that too, as we all consciously chose to take a step away from her.

I take ahold of Chanel's arm as she gets off the floor. "I thought we agreed not to say anything." I chastise her.

"I'm sorry!" She admits woefully, holding a hand on her chest to try and control her breathing.