Take You Home - Yoonjin

It was January, it was cold, and Seokjin had a good heart, so when he found a shivering Yoongi in a shirt but no jacket and the remnant of a black eye hovering outside of the drugstore instead of inside where it was warm, he couldn't just ignore him. 

Well, okay, he totally could, but he was Kim Seokjin, comforter of cramming college kids and rescuer of stray students locked out of their dorms by crappy roommates. This guy wasn't one of "his" strays, but he was indeed, shivering without a jacked in the middle of freaking January and Seokjin wasn't going to just leave him there. He'd get scolded later and Jungkook would have a fit, but Jimin would understand and Namjoon would deal because he'd experienced being kicked out of Seokjin's circle of care before and didn't want to experience it again.

Everybody loved Seokjin, so this guy would surely be grateful for the chance to get warm and sleep in a heated room and not die of hypothermia, right? Maybe he shouldn't have talked to him like he was a lost puppy, but hey, in his eyes, everybody was a lost puppy.

Seokjin was well known for being that guy that takes care of everybody else above himself. His friends complained that people always took advantage of him and that he was too nice for his own good. Seokjin always insisted he knew when people were trying to take advantage of him, but it didn't change anything, he still wanted to help them. Since this usually let to him being strung out and exhausted in an attempt to help anybody who asked him, his friends started developing the habit of intercepting potential help-askers and either helping them first, or just scaring them off.

It really wasn't Namjoon's fault that his default setting was "protect friends at all costs" but when Seokjin asked why everybody seemed scared of him, he blushed madly and ran away. Seokjin ended up interrogating Jimin (read, asked him nicely) and finding out that Namjoon was overprotective. Namjoon didn't get any help cleaning his room or finding his things for a month. It was really hard for Seokjin to do this, of course, because his default setting was "help people at all costs" and even if he was trying to teach Namjoon not to be protective, it was hard to ignore him.

Eventually he figured out that even if Namjoon shirked his protection duty, Taehyung and Jungkook were perfectly willing to take up the cause. "Hyung, do you even know how many times you've come home at 3 in the morning because you were helping somebody who totally could have taken care of the problem themselves?"

"I don't know, Jungkook, how many?"

"Too many!"

"You don't even know?"

"I lost count after the sixteenth 'cause I was visiting my parents and Tae didn't count for me."

"Really?"

"Hyung, look, it's great that you're nice, it really is, but you have a limit. If you don't start learning it, we're gonna lock you up."

"Is that so?"

"Uh huh." Jungkook was practically shaking as he said it though, 'cause nobody wanted to be on Seokjin's bad side, Namjoon's temporary shut out being the prime example.

Seokjin rolled his eyes and huffed and protested with glares and empty threats, but he gave in. Fine. He wouldn't help everybody who asked. This didn't mean he wouldn't offer, though, and his way-too-overprotective friends could just not know about the times he offered. School got busy again and he had less time to help anyway, so things were quiet for a bit. He still continued his habit of letting random students crash in his apartment when they were drunk or exhausted or in need of decent food to fuel their cramming sessions.