Step Into My World

Chapter 14. Mr. Wrong

It has gotten a little easier since the ultrasound, but there are a lot of people that

still hate my guts 'cause I'm with Bill and that I'm carrying his child. I always put a grin on my face, ignore the stare and whispers, but they always seem to catch up to me and make me fall. I hate feeling like crap.

During school in the hall, Bill, Tom, Gustav, Georg, and I were talking. The inercom of the school came on. 

" I need Jaleigh to the office," wow, wonder what I did.

I walked down to the office and automaticly stopped, I can't believe who it was standing only five feet away from me from the office door. Jake.

He smile at me, his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Jaleigh, good to see you," then he looked down. I followed his eyes, he was looking at my stomach.

"Your pregnant? Wow, i figured you would of waited 'til after college?"

"Guess not," I scowled at him, for what he did to me over the years, I don't need this crap from him anyhow. I pushed past him and went into the principals office.

"You need to stay out of school for the next few months," the principal came in and sat in the chair.

"What, you got to be kiding? I need to finish school, I'm having a freaking baby! Can't you see that? Why are you doing this?"

"Jaleigh, I know you are upset. But if people keep harrasing you about all of this, theres nothing we can do. We will give you 'at home school work' that you can do to make up the months. Don't worry, everything will be fine."

I left the room, feeling vulnerable. Jake was looking at me, his eyes horrid. He must of over heard the conversation. I can't handle this, I gotta get out of here. I jwalked toward the front doors of the school, I looked over at the guys. Bill was looking at me with curious eyes, the rest of them were looking back and forth at each other. Thats when I walked out. 

I was about a block away from the school, until a hand grabbed my arm. I quickly looked, thinking that Bill followed me and wanted to know what was going on. But turns out it was Jake.

"What do you want Jake?"

"I heard what happened. That's not right how they're doing this to you," he put both hands on my shoulders. I looked at them both, back at him, then shrugged them off.

"Since when do you care? All these years you've been treating me like shit. Now all of a sudden your just forgetting all about it and being all nice to me? I don't think so," I started to walk away, then Jake jumped in front of me.

"I know. I know what I did to you all of these years was wrong. I never shoudl of done any of that, but I'm realizing how you really are and how wrong I was over the years."

"You're just figuring this out now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"I don't believe you. Do you actually think that after you tried to trip me and call me names, you think that we could ever be friends?"

"I was trying to, if you'd give me a chance to make it up to you."

"Really?" I said sarcasticly, "And what would that be exactly?" 

"With this." Jake wrapped his hands around me, and kissed me. I pushed him away, looked to my right to see Bill.

"Bill, its not what it looks like," he stormed off and I saw that the guys were with him. Oh my god!. I looked at Jake, and pushed him so hard that he landed on the ground.

"Why did you do that! That was my boyfriend!"

"You didn't give me the reason to tell you why I did that," Jake said while getting up. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, why did YOU do that?" I asked as calm as I could.

"The reason why I have treated you like that all of these years is that; I've had a mad crush on you, I was afraid to tell you. That's why I was treating you like crap. And for the actual kissing part; I love you, and I'm probably not going to be here much longer."

"Wait. What are talking about Jake? You ain't making sense. What do you mean you ain't going to be here much longer?"

"Jaleigh," Jake replied. He gave out a sigh. "I have cancer."