Step Into My World

Chapter 4. The Talk

                     I can't believe Bill thinks it was his fault for the asthma attack, it happens frequently. I'm afraid if I talk to him about it, he'll just feel worse about it. I can't let him have the guilt about it. It'll just make me feel bad.

                     After school, I was suppose to ride the bus. I was about to get on when I saw Bill, Tom, and two other guys on a bench talking. I think that this will be a good time to talk to Bill about this. I calmly walk over to them, a guy with long brown hair was laughing, looked my way and shot straight up. The three men followed his gaze toward me. All three stood up, Bill looked at me awkwardly. Tom just smiled, he's to funny. 

                      "Do you need help with something?" a short blonde guy asked, looking at me up and down.

                  "No, i'm fine thank you. Bill I need to talk to you," I gave him a serious look. He nodded his head in understandment.

        "Alright," Bill said as he walked over to a bush where the schools flag pole stood. I followed, just staring at the ground, didn't wasnt to look at him straight in the face.

     "What you need to talk to talk to me about?" Bill asked, leaning upagainst the flag pole, cocking his head at me.

          "I want to talk to you about earlier in class today, that asthma wasn't your fault. It happens sometimes so don't think it was all because of you."

            "Didn't seem like it, you keep staring at me. Why is that?" Bill then put his hands on his hips.

           "Staring at you?" I know I was staring at him, I was playing dumb.

         "Did that attack just magically knock amnesia in you all of a sudden? Yes, you were staring at me; on the bus and in class." He sounds mad, really mad. I don't know what to do now. 

        "Okay, so maybe I was staring at you, doesn't mean anything. And, even if I was staring at you it would have been for a good cause." 

       "You were staring at me for a good hour..." Bill said rolling his eyes and looked in the direction toward his brother and friends. Damn, this guy is good. Has he been through this kind of stuff before?

         "I apologize if I offended you, you just look so perfect, so beautiful. I never seen a guy like you before." Then I completely froze. Did I seriously just say that outloud to him.

         "Why are you apologizing? I'm offensive towards that, I take that as a complement. Thank you for that. Truth is, I have never seen a more beautiful woman like you in my life. Even if she lusts over my hotness." Bill starts laughing, I just gawked at him and gave him a slap on the arm.

         "Stop it! Gosh." I put my hands on my face, feeling it go red from blushing.

         "Well, it was nice talking to you. I gotta go. I'll be in touch with you. Here's my number, text or call anytime. I don't mind." Bill winked at me and walked away. 

         What the hell just happend? First he's pissed, now hes not. He gave me his number and winked at me. Men are so diffucult.