Step Into My World

Chapter 5. Friends or more??

                       I am really confused about Bill. Why would he give me his number? Guilty? or is it over something else?

                       At home I had homework to do and alot of it. While I was in the middle of doing math my mom walks in with a very weird concern on her face.

            "Jaleigh, are you alright? I got a call from the school today and they said that you had an asthma attack."

           "Yea mom, im fine. It was nothing." She gave me a weird look like 'yea right' and walked out. Whats up with her lately? She never seemed to care whenever I had a asthma attack any other time.

            About an hour later my dad walks in.

"I heard you had asthma attack. You alright?"

"Yes, im fine. Don't worry about me." What is up with them today?

The next morning at the bus stop, the same guy who was drooling all over me was staring at me again. I didn't even look at him, I didn't want to put with it today. 

When the bus came , of course I was the first one on. I sat in the first seat and of course Bill was behind me. I looked at him. He looked back. I smiled. He smiled. Then I started to blush. Bills smile got wider.

"Do I make you blush that bad?" Bill asked laughing at me as I buried my hands in my face.

"Shut up Bill!" I yelled and was laughing so hard that I started to cry a little. I have no idea why.

During first hour, We all were assigned to do assignments over who inspired us. Seemed easy to do, I got right to work. 

About fifteen minutes have passed, Bill tapped my shoulder. As I spun around he was so close to my face that I could smell his hair. Smelled pretty damn good, too.

"Who's your inspiration?" Bill asked as he set his face against his left fist.

"I'm not telling, it's a surprise."

"Ha! Figures. Would you like to go somewhere after school?"

"Okay, where?"

"Well, theres this nice little spot up in park-----" I had to inturpt.

"Sounds like fun. I'll meet you there."

"Alright sounds good," Bill said. Then he winked at me. Oh my god.

School dragged all day, I didn't think it was ever going to end. When the final bell rang I quickly got up and walked straight to the park.  

I waited on the bench for about ten minutes. I looked to my right and saw Bill walking towards me.

"You wanna see the spot?" Bill asked.

"Of course I do." I got up and followed him. I thought it was going to be on a nice shady spot but I thought wrong. Both of us walked up this steep hill, I was literally out of breath. Then Bill helped guide me through the woods, I almost fell a couple of times but luckily Bill caught me with his hands.

Right when I saw a light, Bill then came behind me.

"Alright, close your eyes." As I closed my eyes, Bill put one hand on my waist and the other over my eyes. He guide me toward something, It seemed to take a few minutes. When Bill stopped me, he held my waist tight. It felt good but I didn't say a word.

"Okay, open your eyes." As I opened them, I was paralyzed at what I saw. It was the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen in my life. The water flowed gently down the stream. I was in a daze.

"Bill, it's amazing." 

"I know right. I come here all the time to clear my head."

"I'm just amazed how beautiful this is." Bill just smiled, I realized he still had his hand around my waist. 

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him in a very quiet voice.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you like me? I mean like 'like me' like me?" Bill let out a sigh, then answered.

"Yes, but im not quite ready for a relationship right now. Things are to complicated for me right now."

"I understand completely." We both sat on the nice cool grass and watched the water crash down below as the sun began to set over the horizon of clouds.