Step Into My World

Chapter 2. New Life

                When we arrived in Germany, everyone seemed really nice. People said hello and didn't gawk at me like the kids did back home. While we were getting our luggage, I went outside to get fresh air. It was a cool,windy summer day. I expected it to be blazing hot like it would be back home, but I guess I was wrong.

                We rode in a taxi on our way to our new house. I looked around and everything in Germany looked so much better than the arcitecture in the US, it looked brand new and well built.

               Most of the ride I just looked up at the clouds, how perfectly shaped every design it made was. Made me think about what I want to be when I grew up. A designer; I got inspired with designing when I made my first knitted hat when I was ten. I made my own bags for school and mostly pajama bottoms. In middle school I took a fashion and fabrics class, I made about; six scarfs, fifteen bags, and three outfits. My teacher told me that I have a gift in designing and that I should definitley consider going into fashion after high school. I kept that in mind.

               So we finally got to the house. It was big with bricks all around it, a double garage on the side, and some beautiful flowers that led up to the front door. The movers were already moving everything in so it would take time for me to see every inch of the house. Since there wasn't anything else to do I decided to go for a walk around the block. Hopefully I don't get lost. 

                The neighborhood seemed friendly, except for the arrogant dogs that barked when I walked by the fence. I got to a corner and stopped, there were some little kids who were playing a game of hop skotch. I couldn't help but smile at them. As I was walking past them, from behind I didn't hear any rocks thrown on the ground or giggling. I looked back and they were just staring at me. Was there something on me? I walked away and overheard one of the little kids saying "She kinda looks weird." Great. First day here in Germany and I already look weird.

                I got back to the house. The movers were gone so I could finally take a good look at the inside of the house. The living room was perfectly cool looking; black leathered furniture, white carpet, a '42 inch flat screen up against a wall and our animal pictures on african creatures fit perfectly on the wall which looked good in the room. In the kitchen; there was a chandiler over the glass table, Two plants were on both sides of the door that went to the backyard. I went upstairs, my parents were in one room which I was guessing was there room. I turned a corner and found my room; brand new furniture! a full size bed with black and white sheets, light red carpet, my dresser that I got for christmas last year was up against a wall next to my closet. A Big screen tv was sitting on top of it. I looked in my closet and was amazed that it was a walk in. When I got out my parents were at my door.

"Do you like your new room Jaleigh?" My mother asked

"Yes, I love it!"

"Well theres one more surprise that we have for you." My dad said gesturing his hand wanting me to follow him. We all walked down stairs.

"Close your eyes." Dad replied opening a door. I did as I was told, I didn't want to run into any doors or walls but mom guided me in the right direction. It took about five minutes for dad to get something out, I was anxious to see what it was.

"Okay open." I opened them and frowned at an inhaler. We found out when I was two that I have asthma; whenever I go into shock or something horrible happens I have an asthma attack.

"Since you were out of your old one we got a full one but its a new perscription," mom said handing me the inhaler. I held it my hand, it was; yellow, white and orange. Kinda looked like candy corn. The foil on top to where I hold down to get air was a light blue instead of gray.

"Thanks." I said while putting the inhaler in my pocket.

                  I found out that the first day of school starts next week. So much for a summer vacation for me. I didn't even have time to go swiming. What a bummer for me. Oh well I guess.

                  I layed in bed that night, worrying about my new school. Would kids tease me like Jake did? Would I finally fit in? Would there be any guys possibly interested in me? Would I have an asthma attack in school? I hope not, that would be embarrasing.

                  I didn't sleep well. While going school shopping I slept most of the time, mom woke me up and said I was being very rude because I fell asleep in front of a shoe person who was helping us fine shoes. oops.

                  It was very exausting doing all of this shopping, so when we got home I took a nice long nap and didn't wake up 'til six thirty that night. Gosh, I guess I was tired.