Tears and Time (Danti pt 2)

Dark's POV

Turns out we fell asleep on the porch. I looked down at Anti and smiled. It was chilly out this morning so I picked up Anti and carried him upstairs and laid him on the bed. He snuggled into the sheets and smiled a bit. I sat next to him petting his hair. My dog, Lola jumped up on the bed and licked both of our faces. It woke Anti up.

"Eh... What happened?" He sat up and rubbed his eyes that had returned to their normal look. I chuckled and pet Lola's head.

"We fell asleep on the porch last night. I brought you up here this morning." He pulled the blanket up and over his shoulders. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Why don't we take Lola out to the Waterfront today? It's been ages since we've been there." Anti said while smiling. I would have loved to go, but he was gone when they announced its closing. I shook my head.

"They closed it, maybe we head to the river?" His face dropped into a saddened expression.

"Alright..." He sighed sadly. I hugged him.

"They closed it a few weeks ago while you were gone, it slipped my mind to tell you. I'm sorry babe" I kissed his cheek, seeing him smile a bit.

"The river does sound nice. Let's pack up and go." After we got packed up we grabbed Lola and walked through the woods that our house was in and went to the river. We had both changed into our bathing suits. Before we even set down the bag of stuff we brought, Lola jumped into the river, splashing around and playing in the water. Anti and I looked at eachother, smiling before jumping in ourselves. The river was deep enough for us to walk around in, but not deep enough to dive into.

"WOAH! OKAY THAT'S COLD!" I yelled, Anti laughed before the cold hit him too.

"YEP OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT!" I swam over to him and hugged him. He chuckled.

"What are you a swimming heater?" I smiled and nodded. He chuckled and held onto my arm. Lola swam around looking kinda like a shark, she is a waterdog after all. We played around in the water till around noon ish I think. At that point we were tired and walked home. After we dried off and got changed I started making lunch. While I was making lunch Anti came and hugged me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder, I smiled and kept cooking. Occasionally he would lift his head up to kiss my cheek, it made me smile. We both ate shortly after and then I walked over to the couch where I laid down, cus why not. I closed my eyes and rested my head on my hands. I soon felt Anti climb onto me. I opened my eyes to find Anti smiling up at me. I moved my hand so it was on his head, he rested his chin on my chest and closed his eyes. I don't know why but Anti always enjoyed being pet or having his hair played with. He wrapped his arms around me and smiled wider. I kissed his forehead and played around with his hair, it was so.... FLOOFY. I chuckled and he opened his eyes, raising one of his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Your hair is so fluffy. I love it." He moved up a bit and kissed my nose.

" And I love you." I smiled, he didn't get to tell me that much, so I cherished it everytime he did.

"I love you too Anti."

We spent the rest of that day, cuddling and watching movies. I soon found myself falling asleep in his arms and loving every moment of it. I woke up as the sunlight poured through the windows, I felt arms wrapped around my shoulders, I had my head resting on his chest.

"How on earth did this happen? Wasn't I on top? I looked up to see Anti's still sleepy face.

"I don't know, nor do I care. It's better this way." I snuggled back into his chest and smiled. We laid there in silence for a while, enjoying the others presence. I had to try to not fall back asleep after he started petting my hair.

The second day felt like it had passed quicker than the first. Today was the third and final day, after today I wouldn't see Anti or Lola for 3 long and lonely months. Half the day was already done. Anti was upstairs packing while I was sitting downstairs, trying not to think about the return of the familiar emptiness.

"Hey babe." I looked up from the floor seeing Anti carrying a large black and blue suitcase. He also had a bag labeled "Lola".

"Hey..." I looked away from him and let my gaze fall back onto the floor. I rested my elbows on my knees and twiddled my thumbs.

"Dark, don't give me that. You know I don't want to leave either." He set his bags down and sat next to me.

"I don't know how I'm gonna handle being alone for so long...." I heard him sigh and felt him kiss my cheek.

"You have friends you can call to hang out ya know?"

"But none of them are you...You mean so much to me...Not even the friends I've known far longer than you can even come close to how much you mean to me." I hugged him close and buried my face into his chest, not wanting to let him see me cry. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back trying to calm me down. Then it hit, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I cried, no sobbed into his chest. I clung to his shirt and sobbed, and before I knew it I felt his tears land on my head. I kept telling him how much I missed him while he was gone, how much he meant to me, how I was afraid he wouldn't come home one day. I didn't know if he could hear me, I was talking through my tears.

"It'll be okay baby, they said it wouldn't be dangerous." By this point Anti had calmed down and was back to trying me feel better. I tried to talk more but it all came out as incoherent gibberish. It took almost 2 hours for Anti to finally calm me down. To make matters worse by then he only had an hour left. I couldn't help but help but hold him close. I wouldn't let myself mess this last hour up.