A Summer's Day

Jack's POV

It's been a few months since I've moved in with Mark, and today it was hot and we decided to go to the pool. ( A/N :Yes, I know Mark has a pool but this is a fanfic so logic is out the window at this point) It took a while to get there but once we got there, there weren't a lot of people. I smiled and almost ran to the pool before Mark hugged me from behind to slow me down.

"Come on baby, wait for me I wanna swim with you." I smiled and grabbed his hand and walked to the pool. I loved swimming and so did Mark. We had been coming to the same pool since Mark had invited me to move in, a couple months after I moved in Mark and I started dating. Once we had all got checked in and had our stuff set up we both jumped into the 5 foot pool they had. We stayed there for a while having fun and splashing around until Mark suggested we go to the diving boards.

" You go first Jack, I wanna see whatcha do okay?" I nodded and climbed up the ladder to get on the diving board. I ran off the diving board and jumped off and landed with a large splash. I swam back up to the surface and laughed a bit as Mark smiled at me.

"Nice one what should I do?"

"Hmm.... A Flip?"

"I can do that." He climbed up and winked at me when he got up there, it did make me blush a little bit. Sure enough he did a flip and splashed down into the water. He swam over to the ladder laughing.

"That was awesome!" He told me as we walked back over to the ladder .

"Ya ready for this Markimoo?" He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'll always be ready for anything you throw at me." We both chuckled.

"I love ya Markimoo." I kissed his cheek and he smiled at me.

"I love you too baby, now go have fun." I smiled and climbed up. I looked at the water, the harmless water. I jumped in smiling like I always had. Once I hit the water and sent down a few feet I expected to just swim back up like I always had, but something was holding me under. I tried my hardest to swim back up thrashing and stuggling for air. I heard a splash and felt strong arms wrap around me. My vision was blurring, once I was brought out of the water I looked up to see Mark, scared for his life.

"JACK!!! JACK COME ON!!! PLEASE!!!" He held me close, I knew I wasn't gonna last much longer.

"M-mark...i-i'm not g-gonna make it..." I said weakly. I heard screaming and footsteps. He pulled me closer to his chest crying.

"Don't talk like that Jack, y-you're gonna be f-fine, just hold on..." I wanted to belive him, but I knew I couldn't

"I-i love you Mark...p-please don't g-give up..." My eyes shut, my breathing slowed. I could only barely hear him.

"Please baby, come back...." my last breath came out as a long sigh almost. The last thing i ever heard of the world was Mark saying.

"I love you too much to let you die..."