Love and War

(Light trigger warning: War and Feels.)

Mark's POV

" Jack are you sure about this, I can go, you don't have to do this." Jack smiled at me and hugged me close. I hugged back crying into his shoulder. He could die out there, I wanted to be with him, I wanted to keep him safe. He rubbed my back up and down, it helped calm me down a little bit and I clutched onto the back of this shirt.

"Mark, I love you, I'll be okay, you stay here where it's safe. I'll be back soon enough." He tilted my head up to look at him and pulled me in for a gentle and loving kiss, which I returned.

"I love you too, Sean, just please be careful." I said once we pulled away from the kiss.

"I will, you don't worry about me o-" He was cut off by a horn honking outside, the bus was picking up all the soldiers from this area. He sighed sadly and grabbed his bags. He walked toward the door before smiling back at me.

"Bye Markimoo, take care." He said before walking out the door.

"Goodbye Jackiboy, be safe." I said as he closed the door.

A year past, no news from Jack, the war was still far from over.

2 years have gone by, the enemy lost 3 major bases. Jack was alive as far as I knew, no call saying he was dead, no letter either.

3 years since Jack left, the war was almost over. I could hopefully see him again.

4 years, the enemy gave up, we won, Jack should be coming home soon.

5 years... it's been 5 years... He should be back by now...Did he die?! Was he taken prisoner of war?! Oh God... What happened to him...

My thoughts were cut off by my stomach growled loudly, I sighed and set my own worries aside and grabbed my wallet and walked down to the city market place. I bought some vegetables and fruit. I was about to head home when I heard a Jack. I heard him. I turned around to see Jack running at me with open arms. I smiled and opened my arms.

I thought he still loved me... I thought after 5 years of waiting he would still care...

He didn't run into my arms...He ran into some chicks arms... If he ever left me I thought he would still be gay...

I ran home crying, I set the bag of food down in the kitchen and then walked back into the living room corner and cried for what seemed like days. I heard the door open, I didn't care if they were coming to kill me. Jack didn't love me anymore. I sat in my corner of sadness and heartbreak. When I saw him hug her like she was his everything I felt like not only my heart but my whole world shattered, I felt homeless. I still do.

"Mark!? Mark where are y- MARK!!!" It was Jack, I looked up for a moment to see him run towards me and pull me into a hug.

"I missed you sooo much..." He must have seen I was crying, I wanted to hug him back, I wanted to feel whole again, but he made me feel whole. Without him I just didn't feel the same.

" Mark, whats wrong?" He looked at me he eyes drowning in worry and concern.

"Do you still love me?" I said in a quiet voice.

" That's a silly question of course I do!" Something inside me snapped when he said that.

"THEN WHY WERE YOU HUGGING THAT GIRL LIKE SHE MEANT EVERYTHING TO YOU?!" I yelled, my own outburst took me by surprise and I slammed my hand over my mouth. Jack looked shocked as well, but then he smiled a bit and chuckled.

"Mark, there is no way that girl could ever replace you, I was thanking her." I moved my hand away from my mouth.

"For what?"

"She took a bullet for me, she didn't get hurt too bad, but she had to have part of her leg amputated. I still love you Mark, nothing will ever change that." He pointed to the ring on his left hand.

" Do you think I would have kept this on every day for five years if I didn't love you?" I shook my head and hugged back.

"I'm sorry...I just...I just didn't know..." He put his hand on my cheek and used this thumb to wipe away my tears.

" It's alright Mark." I leaned onto his hand a bit and looked up at him.

"I love you Sean."