Locket

(THANKS FOR 8K READS!!!!!)

Jack's POV

Everything was going great, and I mean it. Mark and I both came out and told each other how we felt, we both hit another milestone, I moved in with Mark and Chica. Everything was going great. I think it might have been our first anniversary when Mark gave me a locket. I had the locket with his face in it and he had the one with mine in it. We loved each other, we really did. Unfortunately, one day we both changed. I started yelling at the little things he did, he would get annoyed and yell as well. We used to tell eachother how much they meant to us, but now it was always how annoying they were. We never broke up like that. Some day's I wish I did but something always brought me back to him, or something about me had him glued to me. It's almost like we loved to hate each other, putting on fake smiles for the camera, making mean jokes about the other then laughing it off, no one suspected a thing. We both wore our lockets, simply to remind ourselves of better times. I didn't like this, I had noticed Mark looking really sad or lost in deep thoughts that brought him to tears. I would also see him holding onto his locket. One day while Mark was recording, I decided I was gonna try and make things better. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote this:

"Dear Mark,

Forgive me, I have been harsh and unloving. I sometimes forget how much you actually mean to me. I love you Mark, I really do. I love your smile, your laugh, the way you care about everyone you meet. You deserve someone who treated you better than I did, I'm willing to change. I want things to be better than the way they are. I want to be able to tell you 'I love you' before bed, and not feel like I'm faking it or forcing it. I want to love you like I did, I can only hope that you feel the same.

Love,

Jack"

Once I was done writing the letter I slipped it under the crack in the door and got started making dinner, it was my night to make dinner anyway. I had set the beef out a while before to defrost, I had the pan heated up so it would help cook it faster, I threw the meat in the pan and cooked it and mashed it with a wooden spoon to turn it into ground beef. After cooking the rest of the food and seasoning it I set everything up for a taco bar. I set the spoon down and walked over to the recording room door and knocked on it softly. No response, I cracked open the door to find the note and Mark gone. He must've walked out when I was cooking, it was odd normally I hear the door open.

"Mark? Where are you? Dinner's ready" I almost yelled while looking around the house for him. I was about to call him when I heard soft crying from the bathroom. I knocked on the door with the back of my hand.

"Mark? Is everything alright?" The cries stopped for a moment before I heard faint footsteps and the door click. I knocked again, a bit louder this time.

"Mark, please come out, I'm worried about you." I pulled on the handle for a moment before remembering the bathroom key was, I grabbed it and walked back over to the door.

"I'm coming in Mark." I unlocked the door and pushed it open. He cried a bit louder. He was sitting in the bathtub, holding my letter close to his chest. He looked up at me with tear-stained cheeks.

"D-did you really m-mean it...?" I climbed into the tub and sat down next to him and nodded.

"Yes, Every. Single. Word." He pulled the note away from his chest a bit to look at it again, I saw the wet spots that had covered part of the page. He looked back up at me before jumping up a bit and hugging me close, and tight.

"I-I'm so so sorry.....I'm so sorry...." He repeated over and over as he cried into my shoulder, I welled up a bit myself and returned the hug, rubbing soothing circles in his back in attempts to calm him down. He sobbed out a couple more times before pulling his head away to look up at me. I wiped away his tears and he rested his head on my hand. He put his hand on the back of mine, still looking at me with sad puppy dog eyes.