Ch 25~ Surprise

My breath hitched in my throat as I stared at the words scribbled in front of me. He knows where I'm at and I couldn't be more afraid of what would happen to Red.

-"Don't worry Harls, he can't reach you, not when I have nature on my side." She assured, petting one of her plants like it was furry animal.

-"But you don't know what he's capable of, he has pretty much the whole city of Gotham behind him. If he wanted to get me or you, he could." I cried, crumpling the paper in the palm of my hand.

Ivy didn't even say anything, just rolled her eyes as she gave me a "you're over exaggerating" look. But I wasn't, J knows where I'm at and he will get me, it's just a waiting game.

-"We're the crime queens of Gotham remember? We're unstoppable. He should be the one scared." Ivy smirked deviously, slamming the newspaper article on the table in front of me.

There it read "The Crime Queens of Gotham: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy" with a picture of us robbing some jewelry store. Bundles of diamonds were wrapped around our necks as our clothes were covered in blood splatters.

The photo was legendary, and made my heart pulse in pure fear and excitement. The excitement was from what name me and Red have made for ourselves. But the fear was from what would become of us once Mr J came for me.

-"It's late, let's go hit up the clubs. I'm craving men with business ties that just got home from a long day at work and wanna have a little fun." She winked, while sliding on a jade sequenced mini dress.

It's been since I danced for Puddin that I've been to any club, and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

Running to the closet I searched through Ivy's dresses until I found a black and red checkered body-con dress that made my eyes widen in awe.

-"I can't image you wearing this Red!" I laughed, clearly knowing it wasn't in her style range.

-"I picked it up for you earlier today. I know green isn't really your thing." She chuckled, applying on a thick coat of charcoal colored lipstick.

Once I slipped it on I put my hair into two curly buns, and decided to try on the black lipstick Ivy had her lips painted with. As I looked in the mirror I was at a lost for words. I looked... different, but in a good way.

I was a new and improved Harley Quinn. Queen of Gotham City.

Once we got to the club it was a blur of flashing strobe lights, drunken murders and sloppy kisses. But in the midst of it all, I still managed to miss the feeling of having J's eyes burning through my skin as I moved my body on the dance floor. The overwhelming feeling of lightheaded ecstasy has been absent since I left.

As we walked back to Ivy's house, me and her could barely stand upright. Endless giggles echoed through the streets as each of us continuously tripped over our heels.

-"I think we need to try to get a taxi." She slurred, holding out a thumb as a bright yellow car stopped next to us.

We stumbled into the vehicle, giggles still erupting from our smeared lips.

-"Where to ladies?" The driver questioned, turning around to face our drunken faces.

-"Just drop us off at the end of Elm." Red stated before she continued to tell me about how amazing her hazel eyed lover was back at the club.

We were so deep in conversation and endless laughs that we didn't notice we were parked in front of a dimly lit mansion.

-"Um excuse me SIR, but this is NOT where I said to go, turn around." Ivy hissed, grabbing ahold of the drivers shoulder.

-"Oh misses, you two are right where you need to be." The man smirked, turning around as he pointed a gun at us.

And then it hit me, we were at Mr J's house.
Uh oh.

Our wrists were chained together as we were brought inside. All I could do was look down as I smelled the all so familiar fragrance of his cologne.

-"Well, well, well what do we have here? A couple of mischievous little girls is what I see." The raspy voice pierced through my ears and right down to my stomach.

I felt like I was going to throw up If I quivered my eyes to look at his burning gaze. I could tell it was focused right on me.

-"Harley, I like your new choice of lipstick my dear. Why don't you look up and show me." J growled, walking over to my trembling body.

I watched his feet as they slowly stepped towards me, his shoes so shiny I could see my reflection.

-"Look at me." He demanded, aggressively taking ahold of my chin as he snapped my gaze up at him.

Once I caught sight of his eyes, my mind started jumbling into a ball of messy thoughts. He looked angry, but a rush of relief from finally having me back was clearly apparent.

-"H-hi Puddin," I stuttered, forcing a small grin.

He could tell I wasn't the happiest to see him and it burned pure displeasure through his veins. But he still managed a wide smirk, his silver teeth flashing against the dim living room.

-"I told you you'd be home to me rather soon my love. You better not have doubted me." He gritted, snaking his fingers around my neck.

~

*hope you enjoy (: