Ch 10~ He Needs Me

I was suddenly woken up by movement on the other side of the bed.

I quickly opened my eyes and Mr J's figure came into focus. I saw him glance at me, but I quickly shut my eyes hoping he thought I was sleeping. But of course he didn't, because he literally sees everything, it wouldn't surprise me if he could tell where I was in the pitch dark.

He shifted closer to me while wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me even closer to him. Without a single word, he drifted off to sleep, holding me tight in his arms.

A small smile formed across my face as I nuzzled my head against his neck.

He won again, like he always does.

His affection will always heal me; not the wounds and bruises of course, but the shards of my broken heart. Every time he abuses me it breaks into a million pieces but one kiss from him mends it back together. He has me at an all time high and nothing but him can bring me down, and soon he probably will.

But for the time being I will soak in every second of this moment; his chest moving up and down from his deep breathing, the furrow between his eyebrows as he's far into sleep.

I also noticed the small pout on his lips; he looks so stressed, whatever he's dreaming of isn't good. I was thinking he was probably dreaming about a failed plan to kill Batsy, but a sharp pain grew in my chest as "Harley" escaped his lips.

His arms wrapping tighter around me. A single tear escaped down my cheek as realization hit.

The time apart killed him.

He wanted nothing more than to have me by his side and now he's even more afraid he will somehow lose me again.

-"I'm not going anywhere, Puddin." I softly whisper, hoping he could hear me deep in his nightmare. Taking my finger I began tracing the tattoos on his chest until I slowly dozed off, at peace with him tightly against me, not wanting to be anywhere else.

~A couple hours later~

The rays from the sun hitting my face woke me up from my restless sleep. Shooting my eyes open, I looked for my lover next to me, but nothing.

He stayed on my mind the whole night. A short dream formed in my brain and it was everything I wanted it to be:

Mr J was standing at the end of the aisle, his hands clutched together as he looked at me with such passion.

I couldn't hide my excitement so of course there was a huge grin across my face as I glided towards him, beautiful pink roses in my hand.

Once I was face to face with him, I noticed how handsome he looked. His hair was slicked back and he had on a white suit with a black bowtie. His eyes looked so content with life as he looked at me.

Holding out my hand, I watched as he softly slid the ring on my finger. When it was my turn to do the same, a rush of pure happiness took over my body.

Whilst sliding the band on I noticed the small king tattoo on his ring finger. Looking down I noticed a Queen tattoo on mine and my heart began to swell with overjoy.

He was my King and I was his Queen.

"I do."

Oh what I would give to hear that from him in real life. But it'll never happen because Mr J says marriage is only for weak people who need a ring to justify their relationship. I mean he does sort of make sense but I can't help but dream, I've dreamt about that single moment since I was a little girl.

Looking down at my chest, all the pain from last night rushed back.

Striding to the bathroom, I checked on my wounds. They looked normal, luckily not infected or anything.

The dark bruised outline of his fingers made itself known around my neck. It was too unbearable to see so I went to my makeup vanity and smeared concealer over my sensitive skin, trying to cover every inch of blue I saw.

A rush of sadness overcame my body, but I was not going to let the events from earlier last night affect me.

He needs me to be there for him, he cannot lose me again. I want nothing more than for my puddin to be happy with me and know I'll never be apart from him again.

An idea snapped into my brain with that single thought, and it made a wicked grin come across my face. I know how to make sure we will never ever be away from each other again.

I must kill Batsy for him.

*Stay tuned for the next chapter(; let me know what y'all think about her new plan.. Will Mr J be happy?