Ch 22~ Helpless

The air felt like needles poking my skin as I felt the heat fuming from my body. I had my heels in one hand as I wandered down the lightly lit city. I knew J would probably be searching for me, so I made sure to stay in the shadows. I didn't know where I was going or what was going to happen, but I just wanted as far away from him as possible.

I kept turning my head as I heard the roar of engines passing by me, afraid of what would happen if he snatched me into his car. This is the first time I ever laid a hand on him, I didnt even dare try to before. But I don't regret it one bit.

He betrayed me in the worst way he possibly could. Our love was meant for us, not to be exchanged for another person. He knows that, well he KNEW that apparently. I could feel the rage begin to turn into heartache as I looked up at the brightly lit sky. Tears clung to my cheeks as I replayed some of the beautiful moments we had, and how I came so far to finally breaking through.

He almost let me all the way in. He almost let me see the reasons behind every part of him. He was beginning to take the powerful mask off he wore everyday, and showing me the beautiful destructed, raw man behind it.

But he threw that all away for a skank in a strip club.

My heart naturally began aching for him but I ignored it as I reminded myself what he did to me. He dosent deserve my full attention any longer, since he wants to take it for granted. I didnt notice how long I've been walking until my feet began to ache, my hidden powers allow me super speed, durability, and strength, but after walking about ten miles the pain was getting to me.

I started to tip toe by a group of men outside a bar to the right of me. The smell of cigarette smoke seeped into my lungs as I kept my head down, hoping they wouldn't notice me. But of course they did. Bright pink and blue hair catches anyones attention.

-"Yo pretty, where you headed?" One of them called out, as the rest of the group members chuckled.

-"How bout you make a quick pit stop hm?" Another taunted, causing another laugh from the other men.

Suddenly, they all began to follow from behind me. Oh, they do not want to try me right now. This is not the time.

-"I wouldn't even try!" I loudly mention, as I proceeded to walk down the dingy concrete.

-"Are you sayin we should be SCARED?" A voice mockingly says, while speeding up towards me.

Well at least I warned them. Grabbing onto the gun I quickly flip my body around to face them, cheerfully wavering the barrel between each of their heads.

-"Who's first?" I chime, tauntingly giving them a wink. I began to laugh as I examined each of their drunken faces, their eyes about to pop from their skulls.

-"Chill lady, we were just trying to have some fun." One of them stuttered, unsure if he should've even spoke up.

-"Well now I'm having all the fun, sucks to be you." I giggle, making the motion of the gun going off as I yell pow, pow, pow at each of their heads.

A rush of adrenaline swept through my body as I got ready to end one of their lives in a split second. Gently pressing onto the trigger I aimed at one of them as they mouthed the word 'shit'.

I waited to hear the loud bang of the gun, but heard a small click, and worry hit my face like a boulder.

The bullets jammed.

It didn't take long for them to notice either, because in a few seconds they were surrounding me in a tight circle.

-"Guess the funs ours now." A dark haired one says menacingly, the taunting tone totally dissolved from his voice.

As I saw one of their hands reaching to grab me from my side view, I quickly grab and twist it until I heard a crack. That didnt necessarily work in my favor, because the six of them began to rip my clothes off, making side jokes as they examined my new exposed skin.

I felt dirty and used as they started to grope places that made me shiver in disgust. The whole time Mr J's face was etched into my vision, tears began to blur the image into a bright green and red oil painting.

I want to escape, but I can't no matter how I tried. I kicked, clawed and screamed but it just made me drown in their touch even more.

My vision was becoming more opaque as I tried to keep my eyes closed, attempting to break free from this moment. Instantaneously, I saw bright red hair come into vision as the bodies around me began to drop like dead flies.

-"Oh honey, we need to get you out of here." The smooth voice echoed. I tried to focus in on the face as she picked me up in her arms, and then it hit me where that tone was coming from,

Poison Ivy herself.

~

*new character 😁 Let me know what you think about this chapter 💕