Ch 19~ Grenade

Jokers POV:

Watching her scream my name out in agony sent foreign feelings rushing through every crevice of my body. I was feeling uneasy as I saw her beginning to lose consciousness from the pain. I quickly hovered over her and wrapped my body around every inch of her skin. She jolted under me as she opened her eyes, they were hazed with ecstasy but she still was becoming motionless.

I've had this drug in my office for a while, waiting for the perfect time to use it. The dealer said the person would only have a light reaction, but would still feel a high like no other. Well she sure isn't looking like she's experiencing either anymore.. My heart began to race as I saw her pupils roll to the back of her head and sweat start pouring down her forehead.

She can't fucking die. I won't allow it. Even the thought of that happening made me want to burn down all of Gotham.

I swiftly blew into her mouth and pushed my hands against her chest, trying to steady her breathing. After awhile I noticed it beginning to work but she still was unconscious and trembling all over. Not even having enough time to think, I urgently began untying her arms and legs as I cradled her in my arms.

I laid against the wall as I rocked back and forth, caressing her against my bare chest. Whispering words to her that I didn't even realize were coming out.

-"Fuck baby live for me."

I could feel myself unraveling as each second whisked by. I couldn't bear to look at her like this so I shut my eyes and breathed in her scent, savoring every single thing about her.

~few minutes pass~

Suddenly, I felt her body begin to move, without one thought I shifted by eyes down to her frail body. Her eyes flickered open as she gazed up at me. I was expecting a small grin of some sort, but a frown drooped down her face.

-"You nearly killed me." She cried, holding onto my torso as if she was going to die if she let go.

-"I'm sor-" Before I could get the rest out, something stopped me.

The thought glinted into my mind that I was losing myself, she's making me lose myself. Damnit, I'm in control, and she needs to learn her life is in my hands. The anxiety and stress I once felt disappeared once I got up and left her behind on the floor.

I always feel like I'm constantly running from her. One minute I'm in charge of everything, but then all she has to do is bat her lashes, or give me that pout and a large piece of me melts in her palm. She is a grenade that can only kill me. I'm not going to allow that for one more second, If I let her in, she will break me and I will fall into crumbles.

All I wanted to do was teach her a lesson and have some fun, but she ended up making me look like a little bitch.

I have a title to hold, and no one will get in the way with that. If that means I have to stay far away from her then so be it.

~

Harleys POV:

I watched him through watery eyes as he turned his back away from me, the frustration building up inside of him again. My mind was still in shock from the recent events. Blackness was all I saw once I lost consciousness, but I could hear Mr J's voice echoing through my eardrums.

'Would you live for me'

'Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power'

The words from the night Harleen Quinzel died kept replaying over and over. I wanted to scream but I couldn't move a muscle. All I wanted was to see J's face in front of me, but the darkness shadowed over my eyes like a dark cloud.

When I awoke I felt my body against his and a look of fear plastered on his face, but it quickly hardened into anger. I'm now left on the ground, my body feeling a hundred times heavier as I wonder why he left me alone once again.

-"P-puddin...." I trailed off, as I waited for him to come and hold me again.

-"I have some business to take care of."

Was all he spoke before striding through the door and slamming it behind him.

The roar of the engine sent shivers down my spine as I heard him leave.

What did I do?