Chapter.60.Happy Birthday Lucas Part 1.<3

"KITTEN!"

"RYDER!" My arms snake around his neck while he twirls me in a small circle, I can't help but giggle. "I've missed your face."

"Ditto kitten." He winks and slides off his leather jacket. Today is Lucas' surprise birthday party. Do you know how hard it is to plan a surprise birthday party when your boyfriend doesn't go away... like ever? So I have had to delegate a lot of my duties to others and once Lucas left at eleven o'clock last night I was able to start on the cake. Don't worry, I called him right at midnight and to my luck I was the first one to wish him a happy birthday! Where was I? Oh, cake. I made a two-tier red velvet cake with ninja turtle green icing, and all 4 Ninja Turtle action figures on top. It's... AWESOME! I figured since he's turning 18 and he's about to lose his childhood to the company, that this can kind of be his last 'childlike' party for a while. So yes, his theme is Ninja Turtles. I found out from his aunt that it was his favorite cartoon when he was younger, thank God for my connections.

I ended up using my mom's bakery for the party, we're closing the place down around 5 o'clock today and that's when my parents along with Charlotte and Brett will come in and decorate the place. I CAN'T WAIT! It's going to be a family event up until 8, then more friends from school will be arriving after that. You're probably thinking 'what friends'? Basically I let Ryder handle that part, I hope I won't come to regret it. "What do I need to do to help you kitten?"

Gawd, that nickname. "Well actually, I just icing the cake. You're here extremely early." It's only 8:30 in the morning, I got a text 15 minutes ago asking if he could come see me to help and I wasn't going to turn down seeing him.

"I've just missed you and figured since we're all meeting at your place at 9:30 that it won't hurt to get some one on one time with you." I chuckle and place the candles – trick candles – with the lighter beside the cake so I won't forget them. He hates trick candles, this is going to be great! "So what's the plan for today?"

I untie my apron and hang it up on the wall before washing my hands. "Brunch, laser tag, bowling, arcade, food and then the mall so I can buy him another gift."

"Another gift? Can you tell me what else you got him?"

Immediately I'm rolling my eyes, "No! Because then you'll be antagonizing him about the fact that you know what he's getting for his birthday." I actually got him two gifts, a funny one and a super sweet one. The super sweet one took the last week of my time and he'll probably get picked on for it but Lucas will love it and that's all that matters.

"Well that's true." He chuckles while we saunter out of 'Topanga's'. "I've decided as my gift I won't flirt with you too much today."

"You're so ridiculous. Translation, you forgot to get him a gift and you know he gets frustrated when you flirt with me." When he retorts – proudly I must add – 'exactly', we both laugh together. "Hey Ryder, this might seem completely out of the blue and unbelievable but I'm going to ask anyways because since Lucas admitted his feelings, I wonder if you're going through something similar."

He furrows his brows, stormy grey eyes narrow in on me as if he's trying to decipher what I'm saying. "It's a Saturday, don't make my brain work harder than it needs to."

Nodding in agreement, I loop my arm through his. "Do you have a thing for Missy?"

"What drugs are you smoking because it must be some good shit?"

"Told you it was silly." I muster out, "I'm sorry Ryder. Really, but Lucas used to pull pranks on me and it was because he liked me. So it wasn't like a farfetched idea."