Chapter.41.Yours.<3

"ATTENTION JOHN ADAMS HIGH SCHOOLERS! THE ANNUAL TALENT SHOW IS COMING UP IN A LITTLE OVER A WEEK! COME AND SUPPORT THE MANY TALENTED ACTS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 31ST FROM 12 TO 1 BEFORE EARLY DISMISSAL!"

This last week has gone by fast. Too fast for my liking because in 1 week my parents will be home, I love my parents but I also know that Lucas' visits will be cut down as well as his overnight stays. Granted, it is still only 2 out of the 7 days a week... thanks Maya. I enjoy waking up to him, though I hate how he looks perfect every morning, I mean it's just rude. I like to blame the pain medication for my zombie like state in the morning, that's what I keep telling Lucas anyways. He just laughs and says that 'I'm beautiful', I tell him that he's lying and then he argues with me. It's a never ending cycle, but it only makes me like him more. Either way, I'm off the strong pain medication and dealing with just the Advil so I won't have to strive to keep my eyelids open and maybe wake up looking like Sleeping Beauty.

After running into Bentley at the diner last week, I went and reported him at the police station two days later while Lucas had some things to discuss with his uncle. Which brought about a whole new round of questions, he's obviously hiding something but then I am thinking maybe it has something to do with his parents will? I mean he will be 18 next month and will inherit whatever it is they gave him... so that's why I don't ask. I want to talk about his mother, but at the same time I am waiting on him to make the first move, which all in all is a little cowardly of me but I don't want to upset him.

Where was I?

Oh right, reporting. I reported Bentley and I'm currently waiting for a call so I can identify him when they do pick him up. Apparently he has some outstanding warrants from traffic stops, I am not quite sure if I was supposed to know that, but it isn't like they were keeping that information secret after all. I'm a FEMALE! I love hearing gossip. So in reality it's their own fault. I didn't tell Lucas that I was going because he'd want to go with me, and for whatever reason I felt like it was something I needed to do by myself. I still haven't told him I've done it, but I plan on doing that today. I guess I'm slightly worried that he'll be upset that he didn't tag along. "What's on your mind kitten?"

Laughing lightly, I glance towards the teacher who is sleeping, today is my last day in ISS and I feel like I'm actually going to miss Ryder. Lucas still hates him, Ryder just likes to ruffle his feathers and hasn't stopped calling me kitten. "Today's my last day in here." I whisper with a saddened tone.

"Awe I'm going to miss you too kitten." Lightly scoffing, stifling my laughter I feel him take my hand in his. "I swear to thee young maiden, I will strive to remain out of this holding cell as to see your sweet face a little more."

Oh goodness gracious.

Now I have to play along, it's almost mandatory. "Why thank you Sir Ryder for your valiant heart."

The door creaks open, surprising everyone in the room. But what shocks me is the familiar emeralds that are sneaking in. They brighten in the slightest when the orbs fall on me, only to harden and turn cold when he sees my hand in Ryder's. "Hey lover boy." Ryder comments with a smile.

"Riley." Lucas spews through his gritted teeth. Quietly getting up and out of my desk I move towards him in an effort to calm him down since he's glaring daggers at Ryder who is simply smiling. As soon as I'm in arms reach I'm crashing into his chest. Concussion? Probably. His hands tugging me out of the room and pressing me against the cold brick of the building now that the end of October nears. His lips instantly connecting with my skin, tracing my jawline and down to my neck. "Why were you two holding hands?"