Chapter.9.Ever.<3

About 30 minutes later Lucas pulls out the picnic basket and carries it towards me. "Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit snacks and of course..." He pulls out a gloriously beautiful orange bag, "I had to get Cheetos for my sweet cheeks." These things are my crack and I have no shame. I snatch them out of his hand and tear into those things right fast and in a hurry.

"You made my favorite sandwiches." I say before taking a bite, "Thanks Lucas this was actually very nice of you."

He playfully winks and tosses me a fruit snack in the air that I catch with ease. I throw my hands up in victory while Lucas chuckles. I was awful at this game whenever we were on good terms when we were younger. Josh, Lucas and I played with grapes, cheese balls, we really played this game with anything we couldn't choke on. "You've gotten better."

"I was determined to get better even if you weren't playing with me anymore. I practiced with Josh and popcorn... a lot of popcorn."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Acrophobia-Fear of heights. I'm an acrophobic.

Farkle, Smackle, Darby and her new love interest Yogi came about an hour after we ate. And they all went cliff diving. I'm the odd ball out. But, I DO NOT believe in peer pressure. Unless peer pressure's name is Lucas Friar who won't leave you the hell alone. "Lucas you said you wouldn't ever force me." I whine and try to put my headphones back in my ears.

He chuckles and lays beside me while removing my earphones... again. "I won't force you. You don't see me tossing you over do you?"

"Peer pressure." I sing.

"Pansy ass." He sings back.

I shift my head to the right and glare into his eyes that are an even lighter green now that the sun is hitting them just right. "I bet your brain feels as good as new since you never use it." I snap.

"Come on sweet cheeks. I'll jump with you." He whines and rolls on top of me.

I start laughing and try to push him off. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm a steam roller!" Told you he never uses his brain. He rolls over me and then reverses to do it again. He stops as he's lying right on top of me and smirks, "Come on Riles. What's the problem, you hold my hand we jump together isn't that like a happy ending in one of those million books you read?"

I laugh at his inability to ruin happy endings. Congratulations Mr. Friar I don't think anyone else could possibly have done that. "There's just one problem." I whisper.

"What's that?"

"Your face. I can see it." And now I'm being tickled. I start to squeal and squirm trying to get out of his grasp. "TRUCE!" I muster out. Whenever Farkle and Smackle informed me they were coming I figured yay, I will have someone to jam out to music with and joke around with figuring they wouldn't jump. But no, they decided to 'live life on the edge' I swear this is all Lucas' influence. So instead of sitting with Farkle and Smackle-2 out of the 5 musketeers-I have been stuck with Mr. Friar. He's not bad to look at, easy on the eyes but it has been a never ending battle with him all day long.

"Truce?"

"Yes it's where both parties call a cease fire basically." I'm still trying to catch my breath and no I'm not being dramatic. He knows all my most ticklish spots, on my left side and right above my belly button.

He glares and rolls off of me, "I know what a truce is sweetheart." I'm sure you do, it's pretty much something you learn in elementary school. He bites his lip, something he normally does when he's thinking and gazes at me with a mischievous gleam. "Let's make a deal."