Chapter.43.Happy Halloween Pt. 1.<3

"RILEY!" D runs into me successfully knocking the breath out of my diaphragm. I really enjoy oxygen and breathing. Wonder what that feels like now. "OH MY GOSH! We have all missed you so much!"

I don't say that she saw me every morning and most evenings since they'd randomly show up at my home but I don't. Snaking my arms around her neck, we squeeze one another tight and without even thinking twice about it I climb up her like a stripper on a pole and wrap my legs around her waist. "Your face looks better."

"Wish I could say the same for you." I mumble out through my stifled laughter.

And she dropped me on my butt. All my musketeers are laughing at me... including Lucas. Throwing him a heated glare, I make myself comfortable while Josh especially makes it known that my pain is his humor. Crossing my legs and then my arms I glance at Darby who is pursing her lips... she's mad at me. "And here we all chipped in to get you a cupcake for your arrival back to humanity." Farkle passes Darby a single cupcake in a plastic container that's covered in purple icing and edible white beads decorated on top. So pretty.

Furrowing my brows, I feel my shoulders slouch as I ponder over what she just said. "First I was kidding, you're gorgeous D. But the real issue is, why did it take 7 people to chip in and buy one cupcake?" And that's when things got really weird, they all glanced at one another as if they hadn't thought about it. Seriously, we have the top 2 smartest students in our class within our little group and they didn't think of that?

They all dogpile on top of me, I can't control my laughter. My stomach cramping from how funny this situation is. Luckily I saved my hand, holding it away from everyone while Lucas stares and chuckles at the amount of people on top of me. He looks so good, leaning against the lockers with his leather jacket and grey tee shirt that looks as if it was made especially for him. "Riley this is Farkle speaking, don't ever leave us again."

"Affirmative!" Smackle adds in, "This is what happens when you do." Not like I mind this situation, I love my friends.

Maya pecks my cheek since she was the one who initiated the dog pile so she was the one directly above me, "Our cupcake dilemma was one of many peaches."

Josh sighs and just shrugs his shoulders, "I'm just here because she is." He gestures towards my best friend but playfully winks at me to tell me he's just playing around. Groaning she whispers for Josh to 'shut up' she thinks it hurts my feelings when he acts this way. I know he loves me, he just does it in his own way. Josh is a secluded soul and can be super supportive and protective. He used to make me cry, but I've got thick skin because of him.

"So you were saying that I've gotten more beautiful since you saw me last?" Darby questions with an arched brow.

Yogi answers before I do, "I don't know how you do it Darbs. You get more beautiful by the minute." That is one love struck man, I'd venture as far to call him her puppy, he's constantly got those puppy dog eyes when he stares at her.

All of us groan at his incredibly cheesy comment, when I hear a familiar voice. "MY LADY!" Craning my neck to the left, Ryder is looking down at me, feigning shock and worry. "Are you injured my lady?!"

Laughing I just shake my head indicating I'm fine. "RYDER! I have your jacket." Every one of my friends is staring at him with pure curiosity, "Guys this is Ryder my friend from ISS. I told you all about him. Remember?"

He waves and plasters a ridiculous smile on his face. That's Ryder for you, especially when he bows. Slowly my musketeers pry themselves off of me, which is great because I'm pretty sure the school's tile floor is not sanitary. Lucas helps me to my feet and as soon as I'm able to stand, pecking my cheek. I don't miss the look he gives Ryder. "Oh kitten, I think your boy toy is staking his claim. Who's winning the bet?"