Chapter.4.Walk 4 Water.<3

"Riley you stupid whore you forgot to turn off your alarm." Ah I love it when Maya whispers sweet nothings into my ear on this fine Saturday morning. Kelsea Ballerini's 'Peter Pan' is dancing in my otherwise eerily silent room. I can't seem to move my arms to turn off the alarm so I decide to let it play until it turns off by itself after 2 minutes in hopes I can go back to sleep with little issue.

Unfortunately I have issue and decide to ponder over this past week. This entire week was the same, I'd get a text message from Lucas early in the morning stating he was picking me up for school even though my father or Josh could have easily driven me, especially since he's been taking Maya to school since my car went belly up. I protest saying it is fine that he doesn't need to do that especially because he has to travel the opposite direction of school and because he's Lucas Friar. Either way, I end up in his car. We get to school and he follows me around, or rather I follow him around... not because I want to but because his arm around my shoulder that I'd continually shove off seemed to mosey its way back and dictate my movements throughout the halls.

Seeing as he's popular and 'the bad boy' as many girls have termed him he tends to be a chatty Kathy. Stopping every few seconds to speak to someone new as if it had been years since they've seen each other when in reality they spoke if not the passing period before then the day before. In class he gets us in trouble because he won't leave me alone. At lunch all my friends stare at him in wonderment as if he's the shiny new toy and they can't help but fawn over him and try to find their reflection in his midst, and yes that includes Farkle. It's as if Mr. Minkus has found his idol, he practically stares at Lucas as the girls trip on their own jaws while walking by. Art comes around and the brothers give their death stares to one another while Missy gives one to me... why? I don't know. She's got the one that I want, shouldn't I be glaring at her? Sadly, that won't ever happen.

After art, he again forces me into his vehicle and by the time Friday came around I didn't put up a fight when he hoisted me over his shoulder in a way to show off his strength. I'm not an idiot, I don't miss the death glares and whispers that are being spread around the school by the petty girls who have thrown themselves at him and received zero interest in return. I'm sure they think it's my fault since I'm one of the few females he associates with, but if they truly understood our 'like hate relationship' then they'd realize I'm not a threat. In fact I'm the furthest thing from it. The one thing that did change was him hanging out at my house because my lovely father was always home.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daddy. I'm his pumpkin and I appreciate as well as understand his protectiveness of me. I'm his one and only daughter and he knows how boys are, but even in class he looks terrified that I'm going to pounce on top of Lucas like a lion on a gazelle. I'd like to think I have some sort of self-control even if I was attracted to Lucas. So I try to politely decline when he insists on coming inside but when that doesn't work I yell 'NO' and run inside so he can't follow me. At this point my stomach makes a 'roar' like a dragon and I realize that I'm terribly hungry. "Go get food you monster." Maya tries to shove me out of the bed and I do willingly, when food is on the line why on earth would I try to fight it.

"Gladly." I reply but I go the bathroom first and after doing my business I wash my hands and face and braid my hair to the side before brushing my teeth. I know it's silly to brush my teeth before I eat, but I kind of have a weird thing with my teeth, in fact up until last year I would get up in the middle of the night to brush them. I didn't mean to, but when I'd get up to go to the bathroom I would think 'eh why not'. I practically skip out of my room avoiding all the voices that are echoing throughout my home and solely focus on the heavenly aroma of bacon that is currently invading my nostrils. I love pig.