Chapter.42.Love.<3

Lucas' Point of View.

I'm consistently catching myself, always biting my tongue whenever she's around here lately. The need to tell her how I really feel, the desire to blurt out those three words are starting to overpower me. But, I can't. She'll run for the damn hills and I can't.

I just got her and I can't lose her, not again. I won't come out unscathed this time. I am very much aware of the grave that I'm digging for myself should something ever happen to us. Though, I know that I won't let anything come between us. I won't, I refuse. If ever she needs time I will give that to her but I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with the beautiful woman sitting beside me as I drive her into the city. I'm taking her to a special movie theatre, you can order meals and drinks and their seats are so comfortable, their recliners and the arms lift up. So I intend to take advantage of that, molding her body into mine is something we both love. That's where she belongs after all.

Her hand releases mine for the briefest of moments so she can change the radio. She's seriously an angel on earth, my angel on earth. I've not been happier since I came back and spent time with her. If my parents were here, then I couldn't ask for more.

As soon as she hears the tune her face brightens up! Instantly I roll down the windows knowing she'd be begging in a few moments, while she turns up the radio. Dark locks whipping all around her face, I can't help but laugh.

If you ever wonder if I wanna make you mine.
YEAH BOY!

Her gaze flickers to me, is she singing this song to me?

I'm digging what you're doing.
Yeah boy!

Every couple seconds, I cast my head in her direction to get a glimpse of her as she sings...

I'm trying to keep it cool but you're making it hard.
I'm wishing your arms were wrapping me up tight!

Her arms wrap around herself, innocent chocolate orbs look up at me through her lashes. So beautiful.

Yeah boy, you shine and you can't even help it!
Yeah boy, your eyes can make the moon jealous!
And if you wanna know if I wanna be your girl tonight!

YEAH BOY!

She's singing this song to me! I swear, I'm high on life right now! She wants to be my girl, I mean I know I've said it several times to myself but to hear her say she wants to be my girl is something else in its own playing field. Resting her head on my shoulder, rolling her head so she's looking up I lean down and peck her forehead while she keeps singing my new favorite song.

I'm sure it's Kelsea Ballerini.

Every song that's playing gets me thinking about you, baby.
And the way you roll.
So put down the drop top, let's burn a little blacktop.
Off of that road.

Baby, what we waiting on?
The stars are out the night is young.

Riley is the most precious and perfect thing to me. She keeps me grounded, keeps me going. I wake up for her smile, live for her happiness, long for those giggles like when I've lifted her off the ground and we're spinning in circles – which I adore. I remember once my parents passed away, I longed to hear her voice knowing that if I called her and she simply said 'hello' I could hang up and be content for the day. I didn't, I resorted to going through her friend's Facebooks and just staring at pictures of her from pure fear of how she would react if she knew it was me. I was going through such a rough time I couldn't handle any more pain, even if she inadvertently or sarcastically said something like 'don't call me again'. We weren't always so close. I was lucky when Maya would post videos of them together, those days were the best. For months she's the only reason I kept going. For years I had wanted her to not be so guarded around me though I only had myself to blame for that and now that I finally have dropped her guard... I don't know what to do with myself. My life had been consumed by this girl beside me, the girl holding my hand and singing to me that she wants to be mine. The girl who is dancing and smiling and giggling, effectively lighting up my life. She, Riley had consumed my entire being for so long, how I could be with her and what it would be like. Not just physically, though my vivid imagination never failed me there. I wanted to be inside her head, I want her in every form of that term. Emotionally, spiritually, and physically.