|Chapter 18|

Amelia POV

"Meredith!!"

I yell. She was awake but she was in shock. Soon enough she got up and said "It happened....It happened again didn't it?" Slightly freaking out near the end. "Y-Yes it did, we crashed."

"We need to find the others." She said. "Ok, I need to find Travis first, he may be in critical condition after the crash." I looked at the wreckage of the plane that we were near. The back of the plane was completely torn off.

"Where's the back of the plane??!" I asked frantically remembering Travis and Y/N were in the very back of the plane, and some of the others. Meredith looked around. "I don't know!"

I took a deep breath and said "I'll look around for the ones who were in the back of the plane. You look for the ones who were in this part of the plane." She nodded and walked over to the wreckage. I started looking around the forest for the back of the plane.

Meredith POV

I walked over to the other side of the plane to find Marci. There was something on her leg and it looked like she was holding in a scream. "Marci!" I say running and kneeling down next to her only to realize a sharp pain in my arm. It's probably just dislocated, I'll get something for it later.

Debris from the crash was on her leg, I removed it to see a big cut and the bone was sticking out. "Ok, Marci I'm gonna find a first aid kit and find some of the others okay? There's not much I can do to help you until we get out of here and to a hospital." She nodded, still trying to keep in the scream, especially after seeing her own bone.

I found a way into the plane and went up to the pilot. He wasn't moving so I checked his pulse. He's gone. I sigh and look around the plane, searching for a first aid kit. I found it in a similar place that Cristina found one last time.

I walked back out of the plane and found a couple others. Brian and Courtney. Makes sense since they were sitting near Marci. They didn't look like they had any serious injuries, just some scrapes and bruises, possibly a broken bone. Well injuries we could see anyway, they could be like Mark and have serious internal injuries.

And we wouldn't know that until they go into critical condition or we get to a hospital. "Go try to find others! And come back to me if you need something from the first aid kit.

Soon after I had sent them I did what I could for Marci, but we should gather everyone to the opening that's near the front of the plane. I can't carry her because of my dislocated arm though, and she can't walk with her leg in the condition it's in.

"Hey Marci, I'm gonna find someone to carry you to the clearing over there, okay?" She nodded after I said that and I got up to go find someone. I noticed Courtney and Brian come back with Lucille and some of the passengers. "Okay, take them to that clearing over there. Also can I borrow someone who's able to carry someone?"

A guy with blue hair nodded and said "I'll do it." I nodded and showed him Marci. He cringed a little when seeing her leg. He picked her up carefully and carried her over to the clearing. It looks like we have everyone except the people who were in the back of the plane. Speaking of which, I should find Amelia and help her.

Amelia POV

I found Garroth, Aphmau, and Aaron and they were able to walk back so I sent them in the direction that the rest of the plane was in. I finally found Y/N and Travis, they were both unconscious. Y/N looked like she didn't have serious injuries on the outside, but as a doctor I know very well she probably has serious internal injuries by the way the plane crashed.

I checked Travis' pulse. It was there but faintly, as if he needed help from a machine.

No, no this can't be happening.

I checked his breathing, it was unsteady, again as if he needed help from technology.

At some point while I was checking Travis Y/N had woken up.

I'm too late.

He's gone.

"Y/N...I'm so sorry...." She looked confused as if she didn't understand what I was saying.

"W-What do you mean?"

"I'm so sorry, he's gone. I didn't get here in time."

"N-No he's not, he's still breathing!"

"I'm sorry, he's gone Y/N. The way his breathing and pulse is, the fact that he hasn't woken up yet, and the state that his brain was already in....I'm so sorry, he's brain dead."

"No....No.....No No!" Y/N screamed and started crying. I comforted her as I saw Meredith approach, probably hearing everything.

This is my fault.

I didn't get here fast enough.

I could've saved him...if I had just gotten here a minute earlier.

"W-Wait what if he woke up?" Y/N questioned.

"If he woke up then that means I was wrong, which there's a chance I am, since I don't have all the technology to tell you otherwise. But it's about a 10% chance that I'm wrong." I say.

"I can assure you, Amelia wouldn't give you this news unless she was sure that he's brain dead. I am so sorry for your loss Y/N." Meredith said kneeling down next to us.

Y/N continued to cry even after we got people to help carry her and Travis to the clearing near the front of the plane.

-----------------------------------------------------------------