|Chapter 10|

Your POV

I watched the elevator door close and I just stood there.

I could feel the tears flowing down my face, there was nothing I could do to stop them.

To stop him.

Why did I chose this?

I didn't want it, but I know Travis would've taken the risk of brain surgery.

I sit back down in my chair next to Laurance.

He still looked dazed. Like he was thinking really hard about something.

"Hey Laurance are you ok?" I ask him. "This is my fault." he say looking at his shoes.

"Laurance if its anyone's fault its mine and Reira's, we're the ones who did this to him. And when he told me the truth about them I told him I never wanted to see him again. This isn't your fault Laurance, it's mine." I say putting my hand on his back.

He shakes his head. "I should've checked on him more, I should've talked to him, I should've done something."

"How about we both take the blame." I suggest. He nods his head then hugs me.

"I'm sorry that you had to make that decision. You made the choice Travis would've wanted though." He says while hugging me. I just nod and hug him back.

Derek POV

I see Meredith and and some scrub nurses wheel our patient in to the operating room.

I'm in the scrubbing area, scrubbing in. They set him on the table and make sure everythings ready for the surgery.

Man he probably spends all morning on his hair and I'm gonna have to shave it off to perform the surgery.

I'll give him a hat or something so that at least his friends won't have to see him without his awesome hair. He probably gets compliments on it all the time.

Meredith walks into the scrubbing area and starts to scrub in with me.

"Gonna feel bad shaving off his hair." Meredith asks.

"Well yeah, look at it, its awesome." I say gesturing towards Travis.

She smile but it fades quickly. "Do you think the tumor grew?" Meredith asks, getting serious.

"I don't know, I hope not but if it did lets try to get out as much of the tumor as we can." she nods and we finish scrubbing. We walk in and put on our gloves.

"Ok everyone, lets do our best, its a beautiful day to save lives.

(Time skip cause surgeries take HOURS, they're still in surgery btw)

We're about halfway through the procedure. The tumor did grow but not very much. It's on his Parietal Lobe, if I mess up and puncture an area he could lose his short term memory,or possible his senses and he could be paralyzed when we come out of surgery, we're also risking him slipping into a coma.

"Dr Shepard his vitals are dropping I think it's time to close." A nurse says.

I nod my head. I only got half the tumor out. I start to close so his vitals don't drop further.

(Time skip)

I walk over to the group of friends and look for the girl I talked with before. I see her and she catches my eye. I motion for her to talk to me. She stands up and walks over to where I am.

"We got half the tumor out, it will probably grow but it's at least smaller than it was now. We're not sure if or when he'll wake up, so one of you guys might want to spend the night so you're here if he wakes up."

She nods her head then walks back to her group to update them.

Your POV

I told everyone what the doctor said and then I add "I'll stay the night tonight, you all can go home."

"I'm staying too." Laurance says looking up at me. I nod my head and everyone else leaves. The doctors let Laurance and I in Travis' room. It's really late so me and Laurance talk for awhile but he ends up falling asleep in his chair. I stand up and grab a throw blanket on one of the chairs and throw it over Laurance.

I walk back to my chair and scoot it closer to Travis' bed. I sit down and hold his hand.

"I'm right here Travis, I'm not gonna leave you. I'll be right here if you wake up. You don't have to be scared. I love you Travis." I say and lay my head down on his bed.

I stay like that for awhile until I hear a voice.

"Y-Y/N"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Just gonna leave quietly before I get mauled by you guys......