|Chapter 9|

Dr. Hunt (Owen) POV

"So, he slit his wrists and passed out from blood loss am I correct?" The doctors in the room nod so I say "And he's been out for several hours and should've woken up by now, correct." "Yes sir." One intern says.

"Which means?" I say expecting an answer. "We run any test related to the problem to see what's causing him to not wake up, specifically seeing if he is in a coma."

I nod my head. "Page Neuro, Cardio, and General. Have them work together to find out the issue, might also want to page Dr.Torrez in Ortho to see if he damaged any bone."

I walk out of the room and see the girl I talked to before. I give her a smile to reassure her that we're doing everything we can and walk down the hallway to continue other work I have and come back here later.

Your POV

That doctor from before gives me a reassuring smile and walks down the hallway probably resuming work. Another doctor walks out and I ask "Do you have an update for us?" "No I'm sorry, we'll tell you when we find something." He walks down the hallway as well and I look down at my feet.

I look to my left and see Laurance, since I'm tired and he's right there I lay my head on his shoulder. He looks down at me when I do this, and puts his arm around me understanding that I must be tired. I close my eyes and soon I'm fast asleep.

(Time Skip)

I had a dream that I lost him.

And it felt so real.

I woke up crying so Laurance ended up hugging me until I calmed down. I looked through the window of Travis' room and saw that he wasn't there, which made me panic more.

"L-Laurance, where's Travis?" I ask anxiously.

"A few doctors took him to run a few tests." He says with a worried look.

I let out the breath I was holding in and lay my head on his shoulder again.

"Laurance, he only slit his wrists, why would they run tests?" I ask looking up at him.

"They suspect something else might be wrong since he hasn't woken up yet." He said.

"Oh." I whisper, trying to fall back asleep.

Dr Yang (Cristina, Cardio doctor.) POV

"So, he doesn't have a tumor around his heart or lungs." I say looking towards Meredith (General Surgeon)

"I didn't find anything wrong either Cristina, we're gonna have to wait for Derek (Neuro/Brain doctor) to get done with his tests." Shes says.

Just as she says that Derek comes in. "I need you guys to come here."

We walk towards the testing room where our patient was. I think Travis was his name.

Owen, my husband was there as well. "Can you guys see that mass right there?" Derek says pointing to a spot on the scan.

We all nod our heads.

Derek sighs and says "Then our patient has an unknown tumor in his brain, does he have family?"

"Not to my knowledge, all of his close friends are here and I think one woman is his girlfriend." Owen says looking down.

"We might have to get her permission for a surgery then since the patient is unconsicous, until then have an intern or resident check his record to try to find any clues to what his tumor is, if there are no clues, we won't know what we're dealing with until we get in there."

Owen nods and I page Lexi to check the records.

Derek follows Owen probably to update the patient's friends.

Lexi comes running up to me and says "What did you need?"

"I need you to check Travis (Random last name cause I don't know his) 's record and try to find any clues on why he would have a brain tumor."

She nods and takes the records to look them over and I resume my work.

Derek POV

I follow Owen to a fairly large group of people and he points to a girl with (H/L) (H/C), whose wearing a (Favorite Band) hoodie and jeans, indicating her to be the patient's girlfriend.

I walk towards her and ask her if I can talk to her for a moment. I take her a bit down the hallway and say "My fellow doctor said you might be Travis' girlfriend?" She shakes her head and says "No, but I am his closest friend here."

I nod and say "I know this is a lot to ask from you but since he has no family I need you to make a quick decision because if you don't make it quickly I'm afraid it might be too late. We saw an unidentified tumor in his brain, and we don't know what it is until we perform surgery. There's a 75% chance of death and a high risk of him going into a long term coma. I know this is a lot, but can you please have an answer ready quickly."

She looks surprised but says "Do it, I know Travis would take the chance, no matter how much I wouldn't want him to." She looks down, with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you, we'll get him in the OR as soon as possible, but for now, his room is open if you would like to say your goodbyes just in case.

She walks back to her friends to tell them the news, I watch their reaction. Almost all of them are already crying so it only makes it worse, and a bunch of them are hugging.

I will do everything I can to make sure Travis will live, for them. I know what it's like to lose someone who is like family.

I see Lexi come up to me and she says "Both his Mother, and Grandma had cancer, specificly brain cancer."

I look at the records and she's right.

I nod my head excusing her to continue her own work.

I"m gonna have Owen, and Meredith both in the OR with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Didn't quite get to a thousand words but oh well we found out a lot of info that's hard to take in this...hope you enjoyed byeeeee