|Chapter 17|

A/N Well, we're on the stretch to Chapter 20 and the Epilogue. There's not much input you guys can give me for the storyline since it is already set, so just buckle up and enjoy the ride I guess. Like I said, daily updates (which doesn't happen often btw)

WARNING: Very short chapter since the next 3 are REALLY REALLY long and spoilers for Grey's Anatomy

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

"Don't worry Meredith, the plane's gonna be fine. I know what happened last time but it's gonna be fine, nothing's gonna happen." Amelia said to Meredith trying to calm her about the plane ride.

Meredith nodded and started taking deep breaths.

"What is she freaking out about?" Marci whispered to Courtney. Courtney whispered back saying "About a year ago she was in a plane crash with her husband, her sister and some other doctors. Her sister and her husband's friend both died, that's why the hospital is named 'Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital'"

Marci looked shocked after receiving the news. Brian who was sitting behind them looked nervous as well. Courtney noticed this as well and turned around "You doing okay Brian?"

He looked up and said "Yeah, just a little nervous about something." Courtney looked skeptical but replied with an "Okay" anyway and turned back around.

"How long is the flight?" Aphmau asked Garroth. "It should only be a little over 2 hours at the most." He answered. "Okay." Aphmau said going back to playing on her 3DS.

Y/N and Travis were sitting together in the back of the plane. "Travis.." "Yeah Y/N?"

"Do you think you'll survive the surgery?" Y/N asked with sadness in her eyes.

"I don't know, but I hope I will."

"I do too."

Italics=Quotes

"If there's one thing I've learned with the bombs, and guns to my head, and buses running down my friends, is that I'm not interested in dying, I want to get out of here, I want to go home" -Cristina Yang

"I love you and I always will, but I don't want to love you, I want to be happy. And if you keep pulling at me, I'll come back to you." -Lexi Grey

"Mark. Mark just kept dying. So annoying. I kept trying to help him but he just kept dying on me." -Cristina Yang

"The fire went out, it was really really dark. There were so many stars." -Cristina Yang

"I stayed awake for four days. I remember every single minute of those four days." -Cristina Yang

"I think it's important to take the time to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can still hear you." -Meredith Grey

"I love you so much Travis." Y/N said looking at Travis. "I love you too Y/N..."

"God, you interns are so spoiled. Those people out there working with you, the other interns are the people you are going to have to count on one day. Alissa right now on the hospital bed, she's counting on you to take good care of her! You know I wish I could've taken care of one of the doctor's from my intern year! He could've been a brilliant surgeon, and if he was here, he would've been here with you, helping you, because he was a good person. He died! He was ran over by a fricking bus! We don't know what's gonna happen in the near future, one of your friend's could be knocking on death's door and you would be so busy with other things, you wouldn't even have a second to think about it, and you will blame yourself for the rest of your life because of it. Now, get back to work and help her." -Meredith Grey, chapter 14.

And in that moment

it was silent

then dark

as screams of pain and terror took over the silence

And not everyone knew what had happened.