>•<~seventeen~>•<

Previously:

Everyone was silent and grinning evilly at me as I sat down. "Who did you murder and am I a witness?" I ask Lola. She laughed and shook her head. That's when I noticed Zack,Jack,and Rian had gone missing as well. "Where's the guys?" Tyler held a hand over his chest. "I'm a guy." Jenna leaned over and smiled innocently. "Hardly." She joked. I giggled and shook my head. "No,I meant-"

"Wynter,.." I froze and turned around.

"A-Alex? What do you want?" I ask,putting on the tough front. "Listen,I need to ask you something that I should've asked you weeks ago-" I cupped a hand around my ear. "I'm sorry,what? I can't hear you because it's too loud in here." He frowned and looked to Jack and Rian for help. They both shrugged and he looked back at me. "Wynter,-" I turned back around to the table and grabbed my tray,sipping my lemonade. I heard two loud thumps and the whole cafeteria went silent. I frowned and turned to see him standing on a table with a microphone. Oh no. "Ariana Wynter Gold,I know you're mad,but..I stayed up all night with the guys.." He paused and looked down at Rian who was sat on a weird looking box,then at Zack who was sitting on the chair with an acoustic,then at Jack who had the other acoustic. "..to make this as perfect as I could. I couldn't make it as perfect as you but,I think it should explain.." He looked over at Jack and nodded. I tilted my head and felt everyone's eyes on me. "Paint yourself a picture,something perfectly obscure,to hide away the messes behind your manicure. And all of my obsessing,to find the perfect words,sick of second guessing. I didn't mean to make you hurt,I didn't mean to make you hurt." I stood up and faced him. "What do you say when your heart's not in it? What do you do when you just don't get it? Where do you go when you reach your limit? 'Cause all I know,all I know is.." Alex's eyes opened and he looked me directly in the eyes. "You are my only one,you are my only one,you are my only one. That's all I know,you're all I know." I stared silently and held little emotion in my face. "Break another mirror,to keep away the stares. Of another guilty reflex,a reflection left in tears,and all of my obsessing,tell me,what was it worth? I guess I should've learned my lesson. I didn't mean to make you hurt,I didn't mean to make you hurt.." As he continued singing,his eyes were locked on mine and I slowly came to realize that he was telling the truth,I felt like I was the only one in that moment. I felt the way that I had always wanted to. I felt wanted. Not because I was the second choice. I didn't feel settled for,I felt like the only one. "You are my only one,you are my only one,you are my only one. That's all I know,that's all I know.." His voice faded out and Jack and Zack finished their last notes,Rian finishing soon after. Everything was silent for a moment before the whole cafeteria lit up in cheers and applause. The guys looked around at everyone and smiled wide. "Wynter." The crowd went silent again and he stared at me. "I know,I messed up. I know. I'm an idiot because,I kept pulling you along until I figured out what I really wanted. But we're like a time bomb and I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't have us any other way. I don't deserve a second chance-"

"Actually,Lex,I think this is,like,your sixth." Lola states. Everyone laughs and he rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah,yeah. Shut up,Lola. Anyway,..I love you,Arianna. I know,you hate it when anyone calls you by your real name but,I mean it. I love you so much that it hurts. I just want to know if you will,maybe,.." Alex paused and walked down,pulling out something from in his back pocket. "Go to homecoming with me?" He held up two tickets. I slowly smiled wide before saying,"I'd be honored." The crowd went crazy once again as Alex's face held a smile that couldn't be faltered. He picked me up and spun me around before setting me back on the ground and smiling down at me. Well,now or never. I leaned up on my toes and kissed him,wrapping my arms around his neck. He smirked against my lips and wrapped his arms around my waist,pulling me up a little higher. "No time for that!" Lola tutted,pulling us apart. "I don't know,we have a little time.." I mumbled. She shook her head and Cass and Jenna walked over and pulled me away. "Last minute dress shopping and we have to get those bushes under control in three hours." Cassadee lists. I frown. "Hey! Talk about me all you want,but leave the brows out of this!" Lisa laughed and joined us as we walked to her car. "You and Alex were truly a match made in heaven." I froze and Lola pulled me along. "Wait,so you're condoning me skipping school and dating your ex? Who are you?" She giggled and hopped into the driver's seat,Cassadee shoving me in beside her. "To Lola's?" Jenna asks. Lola hopped Into the passenger seat. "Do you have a lawnmower to handle those?" Lola asks,gesturing to my eyebrows. I raise my hands in exasperation and wave them around. "Again,still sitting right here,guys!"

"Good point,they might eat my eyebrow shaper." Jenna states in thought.

"Hello?! I can hear you,ya' know!"

"What about you,Cass? You have a tiny gardening club hidden in your closet or something?" Jenna wondered.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!"

"Nah,it's probably too advanced for that shit. I think I left a blow torch over your house from when we went camping a few weeks ago. We could try that?" Lola remarked instead.

"YUP! YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"