4:37pm

Lockdown

4:37pm

And then the door burst into flames.

"Ha!" Damien was screaming. "Ha-ha!!"

"NO!!" I found myself hollering. "NO, NO, NO!"

I ran forward, my arms outstretched. I threw that d*** remote behind me.

WHAT HAD I DONE?!

"No, NOO!!" I screamed, but then someone's arms were wrapped around my waist, pulling me back. "NOOO!!!" I screamed louder.

The police.

They were here.

And I had just killed them.

I started to scream louder and cry and bawl and buck and trash around. Damien's arms had a tight grip around my waist and I realized my efforts to let out my anger were futile. The door remained in flames in front of me, burning up any last efforts of going home.

Going home.

Those police... They were my last chance of getting home.

I had just killed them.

They would now see this school as a threat

Which meant I had to stay here longer.

Prolonging my chances of getting home.

I was trapped here.

And then, as I screamed and bawled and kicked at Damien, it was then that I realized...

I WAS JUST LIKE HIM.

I was a cold-blooded killer. I had killed somebody. 

We weren't any different at all.

I managed to elbow Damien in the face. He swore and lurched backwards. I spun around out of his grip and glared at him.

"Is this what you wanted!!??" I yelled at his fallen form. "For me to kil someone?!" I started to kick him. In his stomach. Face. Anywhere, where I could at least feel his pain. "Well, congratulations!" I roared. "I. AM. NOW. ONE. OF. YOU!!!!!!!" I realized a gun had fallen out of the waist of his pants. I reached down and held it above me, then pointed it down at him.

He looked up at me, his nose pouring out blood. "No, p-please! Robin, don't!" he cried. His voice sounded terrified and scared, but it didn't sound like he was scared of dying, necessarily.

"What?" I growled at him. 

"You don't want to do this," he panted, wiping his nose. His voice trembled and his eyes stung with tears. And in that moment I didn't see the tough guy he was - he looked like a lost and scared little puppy, wet in the rain.

"How can you say that?" I asked, my voice cracking with my own tears. A sob caught in my throat and I dropped the gun. And then I was on my knees, bawling and crying again. I expected Damien to pick up the gun and shoot me there but instead he was hugging me, as I cried my eyeballs out.