12:38pm

Lockdown

12:38pm

I had imagined it.

Yes, I was delusional.

That entire encounter with the dark male in front of me was not real. He was not real. He was fake. I was imagining it. With the shock and fear of what was going on- all this shooting and killing- I was delusional. In shock. Especially seeing Mrs. Thicket dying in front of me- that sure set me off.

But... Who could explain her death anyway? Mrs. Thicket. How did she just die in front of me?

I was crouched behind Mrs. Thicket's desk. I had turned it so the side I was hiding behind couldn't be seen from anyone in the door. For all that was going on out there, I'd best be safe in here.

I was trying to calculate what was happening. Fumbling with my cane's handle, I recalled what happened within the past hour.

We were in class. Everything was going normally. Then, the intercom came on. The principal said we'd have to have a Shelter In Place because a mysterious person was wandering around outside... Then...

We heard the gunshot.

And the intercom was turned off.

And then chaos began. And then the shootings. The guns. Blood. Bullets. Dead classmates.

I shuddered, thinking of everything.

Then, Mrs. Thicket tried to help me. Or something. But she was shot, too.

And then what?

I thought about what had happened. I was in shock from her death and I "saw" someone in the doorway. I couldn't see that well, since I was terrified and well, I'm half blind (for reals). Then... The person asked if I was blind. I was closing my eyes of fear and nodded so I couldn't see them. And when I opened my eyes, they were gone!

So, maybe they left. 

But seriously? Killing everyone in sight but me? How special was I? Just because I was blind? What, did they think I'd trip down the stairs or something?

I let out a breath. Well, whatever happened at least I was safe.

Now, I needed to call for help. Obviously.