Chapter 22

Are you sure that was wise? Chysolite asked as they walked away from the man. You never usually show mercy when people try and kill you.

"I suppose I have to learn forgiveness sometime." Kai admitted.

Chysolite stepped out of the Seer's body and hugged her from behind, wrapping her arms around the shorter girl's neck. "I'm so proud of you Kai."

"I know you are." Though Kai didn't want Chysolite to know how happy hearing that made her, she couldn't stop her tail from wagging or the blush from creeping across her face.

The two continued on their way with much less interruption.

Kai wasn't used to praise, and she felt so odd receiving it from Chysolite even though the Zealot often praised her whenever she got the chance. It was weird hearing it from the one person on the planet you really want to hear it from.

"You know..." Chysolite muttered as they saw the sign to the town of Magicka, where the Wizard's Tower was located. "No one's going to recognize you."

"That might be a good thing." Kai offered. "But everyone's going to know I'm Akeno's daughter."

Chysolite pulled the embroidered blindfold out of her pocket and covered Kai's eyes with it as they walked into the town before tying it on. "Better?"

"Somehow this stupid thing makes me calmer." Kai answered.

"It's not stupid. It's an anxiety thing." She shrugged. "You're self conscious of how your eyes look?"

"I don't know. I've always preferred it when my eyes were covered." Kai shrugged. "But sometimes I like when other people can see my eyes."

"Well if it makes a difference you always had pretty eyes." Chysolite explained. "Just think, soon you won't need me in your  body to channel my sight. You should practice while we walk through town."

Kai nodded, and focused hard on the connection between her and Chysolite, trying to guide it to her eyes. She got sparks of the lenses, seeing through the blindfold, but she could never hold it for more than a second.

They walked into the town, getting all the people to look over at them curiously like they were shocked to see an actual Zealot walking around. Not to mention the fiery haired fox walking beside her.

"Lady Akeno." Someone muttered.

"That can't be her, Akeno is taller, and not blind."

They followed the glowing blue line on the ground, leading them to the center of the town where the portal was. They ignored the rest of the whispers and comments as they walked through the two stone pillars.

Kai never liked the feeling of walking into the portal. It felt like walking through a spider web to her. Chysolite led her through another portal where they ended up walking down a long hallway lit with bright glowing flames.

"We should see Ai first." Kai suggested.

"Agreed. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can go back to Krate to be with your parents." Chysolite smiled at the soft grin on Kai's face at the mention of returning to them.

Chysolite knocked on Ai's office door. "Come in!" They heard.

Kai opened the door and the two of them made their way in. Ai looked up at them with her violet eyes as she adjusted the glasses, resting on her nose. "Kai? Is that you?"

"Yes. It's me." Kai nodded, allowing Chysolite to sit her down in one of the chairs in front of Ai's desk. "We've returned successfully."

"I can see that. Though... What happened to your hair?" Ai questioned. "Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful."