Chapter 12

Akeno readied herself for the woman's attack, but instead she just stood there and watched. Her eyes burning holes into the Fox's face.

Akeno raised her arms and her flames rose up like a wall in front of her, between her and the Reaper.

However the woman didn't even flinch, and instead vanished through their blaze. Akeno looked around worried, not expecting the woman to retreat. However Mikky's eye saw the woman's attack, and she pushed Akeno out of the way and grabbed the woman's arm, pushing it to the side.

She had attempted to strike Akeno with her palm, not a blade.

"You don't have the intention to kill us then?" Mikky questioned.

"You aren't my targets. And my Master would be disappointed if I killed her friends." The woman responded. "Do not make this harder on yourselves. You already have a task to attend to."

"Chysolite, Kai. Keep an eye on that werewolf. Kill him if he tries to escape." Mikky ordered.

"Yes Ma'am!" Chysolite saluted.

The woman, being a vampire and clearly stronger, pushed Mikky back easily, and grabbed her with her free hand and threw the cat onto her back hard. Akeno dashed forwards, her arms on fire, but the woman kicked away the fox's arm, throwing her off balance before dropping low and elbowing Akeno in the stomach then throwing her over her shoulder and onto her back.

"I'm not an idiot. I can't win by fair means. But you do not have my strength or my speed, so I will use them against you." The woman told them.

Akeno groaned and wrapped her arms around her stomach before rolling over and picking herself up with a snarl.

"Akeno, she's baiting you!" Mikky called as she picked herself up.

Akeno lept forward, taking on her fox form. She swung her paw forward, trying to crush the woman, but she only dove forwards and under the large beast. Akeno hopped up and to the side, making sure to keep the woman far away from her. The then snapped her jaws down at the woman, trying to crush her.

The Reaper put one hand between the teeth of Akeno's top jaw, and her foot between the teeth of her bottom jaw and held them opened. Akeno snarled in rage and shook her head, but the woman was too strong. So instead she let a gust of flame explode from her maw like a dragon.

The woman was thrown from Akeno's maw, where she smashed into the trees, lighting them ablaze.

"You may be strong, but you aren't fireproof!" Akeno roared in victory.

Instead however, Reaper stepped out of the trees, dusting off her unharmed clothing before looking back at Akeno with the same gold eyes. "I'm afraid I am." She retorted.

Akeno's eyes widened in almost fear. Even dragons were vulnerable to her intense and magical flame. But vampires were supposed to be weak to it, and yet this woman stood unharmed from her blaze?

Akeno's expression returned to a glare.

It wasn't her who was immune. It was her outfit. Even from here she could sense the enchantments.

"Take off your cloak and say that again!" Akeno snarled.

"That would ruin the air of mystery." The woman retorted.

"We know you then?"

"You do. They don't."

"Reveal yourself!" Akeno bellowed.

"That would ruin the fun!" The woman yelled before dashing forwards. Akeno went to snap at her again but she dove between her jaws and rolled underneath the massive fox before drop kicking her knee, causing Akeno to fall to the side. The Reaper was about to swing again, but Mikky slammed into the vampire with everything she had. Her tattoos glowing with Ragnarok's power.