Chapter 13

Blair's burning red eyes glared into Kai's who's stared off into nothing.

"You're a Seer? You can see the future?"

"I can."

"I see. Then I assume you know her future?"

"I do."

"And you stay with her because you like what you see?"

"I cannot reveal the future to anyone but a Seer."

"Then give me a prophecy."

"I need not give you a prophecy to tell you that you're on the wrong path. The path of violence gets you nothing but more violence." Kai snarled.

"And how do you know that?"

"You see the lattamer with the white eye. The one who's soul you attacked?" Blair looked over at Mikky who picked herself up, gripping the chains tightly. "That's the Fate Weaver. You know, the Seer possessed by Ragnarok."

"Remember how you said Akeno was only alive because you wanted her to be?" Mikky growled, her eyes glowing bright white. "You're heart beats because I allow it to." She gripped the white tethers of fate, causing Blair's eyes to widen before seeming to choke on nothing. She released Kai who stepped back, before turning around.

"Chysolite? Where are you?"

"Over here." Chysolite called. Kai went over to her and helped the zealot up.

Blair put her hands on her own throat before gagging, like she couldn't breathe. She fell down, onto her knees, gasping for breath, her eyes returning to gold. She fell onto her stomach, gagging and wheezing as Mikky walked towards her, the tethers weaving between her fingers like puppet strings.

Mikky knelt down in front of Blair. "If you so much as move your head, I'll tear your soul from your body. Understand?" Mikky warned.

"Yes." Blair answered.

"If Alice brought you back, why did you come and attack Akeno? For what purpose could that possibly have?"

"I needed to see, if she felt any guilt towards my execution. It's not as though I can ever be seen again in the presence of anyone. Even if the Gods know the truth, everyone else still believes me to be the monster."

"Your face is lost in time. No one will remember what you look like."

"That is thanks to the Goddess that sleeps in your bed." Blair snarled.

"Mikky hold her." Akeno called as she stood up and came over to them.

"Akeno don't you dare-"

"Mikky!" Akeno snarled, venom dripping from her words. Mikky looked at Akeno in shock, and it was clear that Akeno had never raised her voice to the cat.

"Mother, don't do something you'll regret." Kai called.

Mikky gripped the tethers, preventing Blair from moving. Akeno rolled the vampire onto her back and straddled her before placing a hand on the vampire's collar bone, and the other she wrapped around her neck.

"Akeno." Mikky called, nervousness in her voice.

"I should have done this a long time ago." Akeno confessed, before closing her eyes. Blair stared back up at her before gasping again. Akeno's magic glowed a bright shade of scarlet blinding everyone, and bathing them both in the light. When it finally dimmed, Akeno smiled softly at the woman below her.

Blair opened one eye, and then the other, before touching Akeno's hand on her neck. "I-Impossible... No healer could-"

"Divine blood cannot be used in a simple potion. It's healing properties must be earned." Akeno admitted. "I've lived this past millennia, and each morning I wake filled with the regret of what I've done to you. But I never had the courage to go remove you from hell. I was too afraid of what would happen. Agora's ties were strong on your blood, and I was afraid he would use his influence over your death to have you hunt me. I was scared for my own life, my child's, and even when he lie dead, and I was about to go to you, more chaos gods rose up. And once again, I was scared... I consulted with Rose, and she had Valdis relieve you of punishment, and leave you in Oblivion, only letting you sleep. She said you wouldn't be tortured anymore, and that for you, time would pass you by unnoticed." Akeno explained. "I'm a coward, and I know this. I am a coward for not releasing you myself, and you had every right to attack me like you did, out of the rage you've built up for centuries."