Chapter 3

Chysolite smiled as Kai descended the boxes without alerting the men to her presence, hiding under the cover of darkness, using her hood to hide her white hair.

"What the hell are you?" The bigger guy asked as he drew two swords off his back. The second guy pulled out his dagger, and the third guy collected magic in his palms.

"I'm a Zealot." She confessed. "Or if you're feeling dramatic-" She lunged forward, folding her wings against her as to not interfere with velocity. She spun in the air, and the big guy braced himself, using his swords as a shield. However a Zealot's feet up to their knees, and their hands down to their elbows were covered in hard crystalline, scales, so Chysolite used the bottom of her feet to block the blade. Her toes- which were three talons, two in front and one in back -gripped the swords before she bent backwards, using her wings to push the air in front of her. Which forced the man to fall forwards where her paws supported her weight, then she dug her claws into the cement before throwing the man over herself where he crashed into the boxes.

She stood up and folded her wings back to looking like a cloak where she smiled devilishly. "You're worst nightmare."

Kai silently laughed to herself before leaning against the boxes. She listened as the man picked himself up, and as he went to jump back into the fight, she reached out and wrapped her chain around his neck and pulled him back, slamming her dagger into the chain preventing him from breaking free and escaping. So instead he flailed around, swinging his swords wildly. "I'm not going to kill you, just drop the swords and I'll ease the chain. Your choice."

In his panic, and desperation to live, he threw his swords away, and Kai loosened the chains allowing the man to breathe. "Don't get any ideas." She warned. "Or you will die. Watch the Zealot do her thing, and realize that you're way out of your league."

The smaller man with the daggers dashed forward and tried to swing at Chysolite, but she blocked with her hands and feet, which sparked as if she was using armor or a blade of her own. The other man fired a bolt of lightning at her, but she spun around, blocking the blades with her arm, and using her tail to catch the magic like a lacrosse ball, which rolled up her tail before she threw it at the dagger wielding man throwing him onto his back where he wailed in pain.

Chysolite then turned her attention to the mage who looked to be in a panic. "You idiots should really figure out what the hell a Zealot is before attacking one. Because if you were any kind of intelligent you would know that we are the servants of Ragnarok, and the Keepers of Fate and Prophecy. Which means I'm fated to win, and you're fated to loose."

"That's not fair!" He yelled.

"Life's not fair for the wicked!" She retorted before running towards him. He fired more bolts of lighting at her but she swatted them away with her wings before grabbing him by the throat, her feet skidding across the ground before coming to a stop, holding him two feet in the air by his throat. He gasped and gagged, trying to regain his breath but to no avail. She then slammed him into the ground, breaking the cement bellow him. She then stood up and looked towards the man Kai had chained to the boxes. She took a step forward and the man yelled out in fear.

"No! I'll tell you anything! Just keep it away from me!" He bellowed.

Chysolite lept forward, using her wings to propel her, and she landed in front of him, her wings opened wide and she roared at him, her teeth all sharp and threatening. The man screamed and tried to pry the chain off.

"My companion here has a temper, and she doesn't like it when people waste her time." Kai warned. "Neither do I." She admitted as she traced a dagger across the man chest.

"I'll tell you anything!" He repeated.

"You captured two people, a Fox Deity, and a Lattamer with multicolored eyes. Tell me where you've taken them, or you'll loose what you cherish the most first." Kai warned.