Chapter 16

Chysolite waited, flapping her wings in the air, hoping that something would throw the seer out of the lava. That Juno had showed up in the nick of time to calm her flames and cool the lava around the small fox's body so she wouldn't be burned to nothingness.

But nothing happened. There was no change.

"Kai?" Chysolite whimpered, before landing on a rock ledge above the lava, falling to her knees as she looked down below. "Kai don't fuck with me! Get out of there!" Chysolite screamed.

Akeno looked up to find Krivalar holding Mikky around her neck before dropping the lattamer's unconscious body down. Akeno swung, and managed to catch the cat, using the chain to wrap around the woman, making even more sure she wouldn't loose her. Mikky was limp against the Fire Fox, as she was still unable to wake up from whatever spell she was under.

"You should have left the child out of this." Krivalar called. "A weak demi-god has no place among us here."

"You bastard!" Akeno screamed. "You have no idea the hell you've wrought to yourself!"

"It's a shame that the High Zealot here took my Zealot from me." Krivalar shrugged. "If you had just surrendered, you wouldn't have had to watch her die. Watch her slip from your grasp."

Chysolite clutched Kai's glove to her chest, and let out a painful wail. "So close... I was so close..."

"You could have just let everything be, but instead you brought a child to a fight she had no place in. How has she gotten this far? By insulting people to death? What magic does she possess other than the ability to see the future? And even then, how much use was that?"

"KRIVALAR!" Chysolite roared as she leaned back, her eyes glowing brightly.

The Zealot's horns grew from her head like that of a bull's and her scales grew out on her forearms, shins and the tip of her tail, creating a look similar to that of a gauntlet. The talons on her feet grew out, even more curved before she vanished in a spark of green magic.

Krivalar looked around curiously. Only to for a crackle to appear behind him and Chysolite to plow into him from behind, throwing him off the platform they were on. He flapped his wings and reached around himself, gripping the Zealot before throwing her off him. Only to have her spin around in the air and roar.

Krivalar flapped his large wings, and stared at the Zealot who was flying in front of him. "You brought this on her when you brought the frail child here. You can blame no one but yourselves!" Krivalar barked.

"I can blame you, for having her hung from a pipe in a volcano!" Chysolite bellowed. "I loved her damn it! I loved her so much! And you took her from me!" Chysolite collected her green magic and fired it into Krivalar's chest, throwing him onto another platform where he wailed in pain. Chysolite didn't cut off her magic, and instead continued to fire it at the squirming dragon.

She landed on the platform, still firing her magic into him, her expression filled with anger and hate. He twitched like thousands of volts of electricity was being pumped into him. When his screaming stopped she roared in anger and stopped her magic. She walked over to him, put her foot on his chest and white light enveloped his chest.

The dragon gasped, and looked around before looking back up at the Zealot in pure fear.

"Death is not your savor. I'm not finished yet." Chysolite snarled, collecting more magic in her palms.

"N-No! I didn't leave her there! It was Riptide! And you already killed him!"

"Yes, but he did it under your orders! You allowed him to do this! That still means it's your fault!" Chysolite roared, before launching more magic into him. Once again he screamed in pain.