Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Three helicariers, three cards. Okay. We can do this. I'm sore but that's okay. It's to save the world. Steve, Falcon and Marie are going to get on the dock where the helicarriers are, Natasha is going to go undercover and release information and I'm doing to get everyone out and weed out who is HYDRA. That's all. Just use your powers to bring them pain. Not kill them. Pain. Everything is going to be fine. The world is going to be fine.

"Are you ready for this?" Steve said coming up to me. He was all suited up in his Captain America outfit. The dark blue did really make his eyes pop. The headpiece covered his face slightly, for some reason, making his lips the center of focus.

Concentrate, Skyra!

"I am. Are you?" I asked. He pulled me into his arms and held me close. I sank into his arms, for, which could be the last time if all doesn't go well.

"I want to see you after all this," he whispered to me, then kissed the top of my head. "I need you to be safe."

"You to, Cap," I said looking up at me. "You just get the job done." I pulled away, wanting nothing more but just a kiss, but I knew I'd be distracted the whole time.

"I'm taking you on a date after," he said squeezing my hand tightly. I looked down as I felt my cheeks turn warm and red. "I'm not going to miss my chance to be with you," he yanked me closer to him and gave me the most passionate kiss, that my knees started to go weak. We pulled away as he looked down to me and gave me a proud smile.

"Cap, it's time to go," Maria said from behind me. He looked up at her and nodded. I turned and looked at her. She gave me a smile and a nod like she always does before a mission. I turned up and looked back up at Steve's smiling face.

"You know if things don't go well for me, it's your fault for distracting me," I said playfully. We shared one last laugh before heading into battle.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I walked into SHIELD, walking by people who were my friends, my co-workers, people who I was close with, and those same people could be HYDRA. They all looked at me, as I was a wanted fugitive along with the Captain. I walked into the command center where all the controls and commands come from.

Time to get in their minds.

Families. Relationship. Captain America. Hellicarriers. Rumlow. Pierce. Hail HYDRA.

Found you.

I took a deep breath in, and exhaled all my doubt in myself and in my powers. I linked everyone's mind to mine and started to get everyone out. It was going great till...

"Agent McKnight," Rumlow's voice rang next to my ears. I felt his gun pressed against my head as a click escaped from it. "Why don't you stop what you are doing and we can go get that coffee," he whispered. No one yet had noticed what was happening. As I went to go psychodivine his ass, Steve's voice filled the room.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You're heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time to tell the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

His voice brought me comfort. I felt proud. Not of me, but proud of him. He was being who he was and was standing up for what he believed in. I'm glad I got to be a part of his crusade.

"Launch the helicarriers!" Rumlow shouted at one of the agents. I gun pressed against my head harder, as Rumlow pushed me to the center of the control room.

"No!" the agent said firmly. Rumlow pulled out another gun from his vest and pointed it at the curly hair, scared agent. He wasn't expecting this happen when he woke up this morning.

"Drop it," a females voice echoed through the silent control room. I looked with the corner of my eye and saw a blonde haired agent with her gun pointed towards Rumlow. Other agents then pulled out their guns against the other HYDRA agents in the room.

"No."

I swung around, grabbing onto Rumlow's arms. Shots were being fired everywhere and people were ducking and screaming. I kneed him in the stomach a couple times, trying to get him to drop his guns. I didn't want to have to use my powers to hurt him, but if I had to I would. He pulled out a knife, and swung at me with erratic motions. I was pressed up against the control boards, with no where else to go but down. I ducked down and kicked Rumlow's knee's causing him to go forward.

Which was bad, cause he pressed the button he wasn't supposed to.

Damn it!