Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Bullets flew into the car from the roof, following with a loud thud. Natasha and I looked at each and nodded. I flung over Steve's seat, using my legs to bring his head down and shield him from the attacker. He reached his arm over my head and threw the gearshift into park. The car skid into a screeching halt, throwing a person off the roof of the car. I looked over at Natasha who was protecting Sam. I grabbed my gun and cocked it, ready to shot when necessary. I looked over my shoulder out the windshield. A man in all black, with a mask over most of his face and a bright, shiny, metal arm.

"Ready when you are, McKnight," Natasha said, putting fresh bullets into her gun. I raised my arm and signaling that I was prepared to shoot our attacker.

Boom! I flung forward, almost going through our cracked windshield. I felt Steve's arm wrap around my waist pulling me towards me. I snapped my head to see what had happened and saw a huge military car ramming into the back end of the car.

"I got front. You get back!" I yelled to Natasha, as I aimed for the man in the mask. The sound of bullets leaving the barrel filled my ear. All I could think about was making sure no one died.

"Incoming!" Natasha yelled.

Boom!

We were now, being pushed towards the man in the mask. Steve grabbed his shield from under his legs and pressed it against his door. He pushed me tight against it, feeling everyone pile on top of me. He gave the countdown and we left the car. The pressure lifted off me one by one with everyone rolling off the door and shield.

"Sky, you good?" I nodded at Steve and we both jumped to our feet. At least three dozen men were here. The traffic weaved itself out of our way, not really knowing what was going on. My eyes were locked on our attacker. He jumped off the car that belonged to his friends. His friends handed him a huge gun which he proceeded to point at us.

"Steve! Big gun! Big gun!" I said as I pushed him away and I ran the other direction to take cover. I heard the shield get hit. I took cover behind a car and saw Sam and Natasha reloading their guns.

"You guys good?" Sam shouted over the constant rounds of fires hit the cars that were protecting us. Nodded before ducking up and I taking a couple shots at our attackers. I got a glimpse of the masked man who was just walking towards us.

"You guys cover me!" I said looking at the both of them.

"Psychodivine his ass!" Sam shouted at me before going for a shot. I crawled around to the edge of the car and spotted his feet.

1,2,3, go!

I pounced on him, wrapping my legs around him and swing him to the ground so I was holding him down. I removed his mask and placed my hands on his head.

Barnes.

Where have I heard that before?