Chapter 7

The three of us walked through the mall, making sure we didn't attract any attention. It had been years since I went to the mall. I had little time for a social life when I was training and practicing my powers. I looked around and saw people with their families or friends, laughing, eating, having fun. The last time I had fun was before Steve left me. Steve was in between Romanoff and I. Steve kept speeding up causing Romanoff and I to speed up as well.

"First rule of being undercover, don't run, walk," I said looking up at Steve. He slowed down and loosened up a little bit.

"You've been trained well," Romanoff said to me. We went up the escalators to an Apple store, which had a lot of computers and busy people. No one really pay attention to us. I lead us to an unattended computer.

"Steve?" I said referring to the flash drive. He handed it to me, then positioned himself behind me with Romanoff to the side of me.

"You know what you are doing?" she asked as if I was new at this.

"There is a homing program so once we plug it in, SHIELD will know where we are," I said to them.

"How much time do we have?" Steve asked as he looked around. He is kind of terrible at being undercover.

"Nine minutes starting," I put the flash drive into the side of the computer. "Now." I left my fingers and my brain take control. If I can get through the encryption, then I can get the information come to me. Steve and Romanoff were silent by my side, letting me work and watching what exactly I was doing. I got through the encryption and it was easy access from here.

Files, files, files, data, data, data.

This isn't working. It keeps redirecting. It won't let you in.

Data, redirecting, data, redirecting, redirecting, location.

Location?

"I have a location?" I said to them a little confused. How wasn't I able to get what we needed through these files? I always can.

"Can I help you with anything?" someone asked coming up to us. I was too focused on the laptop and getting the information to even answer.

"Oh no. My fiancé and his sister were just helping me pick a honeymoon destination," Romanoff said latching onto Steve like a leech. Calm down, Skyra. It's undercover work.

Location. Hone into a specific location.

Wheaton, New Jersey.

"Got it!" I excitedly said.

"What is the honeymoon location?" the worker asked.

"New Jersey," Steve said looking over his shoulder and then blocking the computer even more. Steve managed to get the guy away from us, then pounced right back behind me. He looked at the location on the screen.

"You know it?" I asked because his face changed.

"I used to," he said then pulled the flash drive out. "Let's go." I looked into the computer screen. Erase.

Done.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"It's a basic tag team. If they make us, I'll grab the center and you guys get the outer," Steve whispered to us.

"Skyra, get in front. Steve wrap your arm around me," Romanoff said to us. Steve do what?

"What?" Steve questioned.

"Wrap your arm around me and laugh like I said something funny." I spotted the Agents that were walking in our direction. I turned my head in the opposite direction looking at the different stores. I heard forced laughter behind me. We grabbed the escalators going down. I let myself breathe for a second, but I noticed someone coming up the escalator. Rumlow. His face was beaten up and bruised. I kept my cool, readjusting my hood. I heard Romanoff gasp a little. She noticed him too.

"Kiss me," she said to Steve. Really? Really?

"What?" Steve replied with confusion in his voice.

"Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable," she said to him. No kidding.

"Yes, they do!" Steve said to her. Rumlow was getting closer and closer to us. I looked to the other side once again, as if I was looking at the store names. I heard silence behind me. I looked slightly behind me, seeing Steve and Romanoff kissing. My stomach dropped. My heart sunk. I had never felt this way before. I just wanted to curl into a ball. Stop it, now! I got off the escalator and waited for Steve and Romanoff to stop sucking face.

"Still uncomfortable?" Romanoff said to Steve.

"That's not the word I would use," he said as he waiting for me to walk with him. I walked by his side and he took my hand giving it a little squeeze. "You did good, Skyra," he said giving me a small smile.