Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

I went flying across the highway, landing on my back away from the action. I inhaled sharply, realizing that the impact had cleared my sinuses, painfully. I shook my head as my brain processed everything. I looked over and saw the masked man clenching his head in pain. He suddenly snapped his head at me and glared. I focused hard on him, trying to get back in his head. I had to block everything out, just focus on him. Only on him.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"GSW to the chest!" I heard someone shout. "She's lost a lot of blood." I couldn't get my eyes open. I felt wet and gross. My head wobbled making me dizzy. I wasn't in control of my body.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The concrete room reeked of alcohol. I sat up from the metal slab I had been placed on. I was covered in bandages and bruises. Where the hell am I? I looked around and saw a sweater hanging of a hook on the wall. I quickly threw it on me, realizing how beat up I was. I let out a groan, as I walked around like a zombie. I was soar all over. There was a painful tenderness around my left shoulder.

"Ow!" I screamed after I poked the area. Good idea, Skyra. I wasn't really worried about what was wrong. It looked like it was taken care of and fine. It was time to figure out where I was.

I cracked the door open a little bit, peaking out into the empty hallway. I slipped out of the door and made my way down hallway. The lights flickered as I leaned against the wall for support. I dragged myself, hoping that someone or something would just happen so I didn't have to walk. I heard voices in the distance. They were having a conversation.

"Skyra!" My name echoed throughout the hall. I snapped my head to the sound of my name, sending immense pain through my body. I cringed my face, showing the pain. I opened my eyes seeing Steve running towards me. His arms wrapped around me, squeezing me close to him. It was slightly painful but it was worth it with his hugs. He put me back on the ground and looked me in his eyes. He cupped my face in his hands and then, his soft lips touched mine.

My body had awakened and I sunk into the kiss without warning. I didn't know why he was kissing me but I didn't care. Steve was kissing me. His hands moved to my hair, still keeping me close to him. He pulled away letting out a sigh of relief. I grabbed onto his wrists as he looked into my eyes. I couldn't stop the smile that was forming.

"I know that it's late, but I'm so glad you're okay," he whispered. He kissed my lips again, surprising me by his sudden display of affection for me. He pulled me back into another hug, squeezing me tight.

"Steve, you're hurting me," I let out, feeling my bones start to ache. He quickly let me go, apologizing porously. "It's okay," I said taking his hands into mine. He looked at me with these puppy dog eyes, I never seen from him before. It was kind of cute. Suddenly, I felt myself get really awkward and my heart started to race a billion miles an hour. "So, what happened?" I asked changing the subject.

"Bucky shot you," he answered looking at me with a very confused face.

"That is the masked man?" I asked remembering to when I used my powers on him.

"He's my best friend," he answered leaning against the wall. "Or at least he was."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"You're telling me that he was your best friend that fell off the train seventy years ago?" I blurted. Steve let out a sarcastic chuckle as he started to change my bandage. He peeled the bandage off my wound, exposing the raw bullet wound. A little blood gushed out of the hole. Steve placed a clean bandage on me, being very careful that he didn't touch my breast. He was very quiet but focused on my wound, which meant that he had a lot on his mind. "Talk to me, what are you think?" He took some time to formulate his answer probably because he didn't know what exactly what to say.

"Fury is alive, Bucky is alive, and you almost died and my best friend was the one who almost killed you, my other best friend and the whole time all I could think about was how I could have lost you without telling you how I feel and how I wanted to kill Bucky for hurting you but also figure out with the hell is going on right now!" he let out accidently hit a tray pan, causing me to jump. He let out a groan of frustration and ran his hands through his hair.

"Come here," I said trying my best to extend my arms out to him. He came towards me and I placed my hand on his cheek. "Listen to me. We live in a world that the impossible is apparently possible. You're here and alive, I'm here with powers, Fury is alive, and Bucky is somehow alive." I took a deep breath. "We don't have all the answers, but we can find out. One step at a time."

"Thanks, Skyra," he said with a small smile. Just then I realized something.

"Wait, Fury is alive?"