Chapter 6

Steve still held my hand as he led us through a hallway filled with doctors and nurses. We reached a line of vending machines in the hallway and Steve stopped and stared into it. I looked at him. His face dropped in shock and turned into anger. He slammed the vending machine with his hand getting us looks from a couple of people in the hallway.

"Steve?" I whispered. He shook his head while running his hand through his hair. His hood dropped and he quickly replaced it remembering our situation.

Pop!

The hairs on my neck stood up. I felt someone's presence behind us. Stay calm. It's probably a nurse. Steve spun around quickly and suddenly grabbed the person and dragged them off. "Steve!"

They were in a dark room and a woman was pushed up against the wall. They were just staring at each other.

"Where is it?" Steve asked in his interrogation voice.

"Safe," the woman answered. They know each other.

"Do better," he said squeezing her arm a little tighter. I guarded the door so no one would come in but at the angle I was at and with Steve's height, I couldn't get a good look at who he was talking to.

"What is it?" she asked in a smooth voice. It sounded familiar.

"Why would I tell you?" he gritted at her, once again squeezing just a bit harder. Should I stop him?

"Fury gave it to you. Why?"

"What's on it?"

"I don't know,"

"Stop lying!" She flinched at him squeezing his hardest this time. I didn't know what to do. I knew he wasn't going to hurt someone unless they really deserved it.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers,"

"I'm not going to ask you again!"

"I know who killed, Fury," she said. This caught my attention. Steve let go of her arm slightly. He stepped back and straightened his body position.

"How would you know that?" I asked jumping into the conversation. Steve looked back at me as if he had forgotten that I was there in there first place. He stepped away from the woman, giving me a full view of her. She had straight shoulder length, red hair. She was dressed in all black. The combination of the two brought out her almost perfect porcelain skin and her green eyes. She gave me a small smirk of a smile and looked at me up and down.

"Well, if it isn't Skyra McKnight," she said to me. She looked at Steve, raising her eyebrows at him and then back at me. "You're the one that was able to control an army so they wouldn't attack." My stomach dropped. I couldn't tell how she was saying it to me. I looked over a Steve for a split second and then looked away. I didn't like that look. I made sure that my composure was still the same and didn't look affected.

"You're Agent Natasha Romanoff," I said to her, ignoring her comment. "I've heard a lot about you." I felt Steve's look burn into my skull. I mentally shook my head. "Who killed, Fury?"

"Most of the intelligence communities don't believe he exists and the ones that do call him the Winter Solider. He credited with over two dozen assignations in the last fifty years,"

"So he's a ghost story," Steve and I said at the same time. I looked at him and he at me, surprised we were thinking the same things. Romanoff told us a story in which she had an encounter with the Winter Solider, leaving her a scar right next to her left hipbone. Then how she spent time looking for him to get her revenge.

"Now I can't wear a bikini," she said looking over at Steve as she pulled her shirt back down. Is she flirting with him? She better back off.

Chill, Skyra. She is known for being a flirt. Don't be jealous.

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them," Steve replied to her comment. Is he flirting back? His face still conveyed a pissed off expression. Maybe not?

"Like you said, he's a ghost story," Romanoff said raising a flash drive up. Steve gently grabbed it from her and then looked at me.

"Is that what we need?" I asked him.

"It's what we need to figure out what the ghost wants," he answered.