Chapter 24

Frank went back to the living room, followed by Gerard, the other people were still there and the guy who opened the door was now sat on a chair, playing guitar, everyone was quiet, listening to him. Mikey was sat on the floor and he was blushing like hell. When Frank looked up, he understood why, the guy who played guitar was looking at the younger boy in the eye, and he was smiling to him, seductively. Frank raised an eyebrow, but didn't said anything.

Gerard did.

"Mikey ? You came too?" he frowned 

They guy stopped playing guitar and everyone looked at Gerard. Mikey turned his head to meet his brother's gaze and said in a whispered 

"Gee..." He stood up, walked hesitantly towards him, and hugged him. Frank looked at them and couldn't help but smile. They were cute.

 Gerard seemed a bit frustrated, but he sighed and hugged his brother back. Frank knew he didn't want Mikey to come here, but he could also see that he was glad to see him.

"Why do you keep disappearing like that... I'm so worried for you, Gee.."

Gerard bit his lips and answered "I know...I'm sorry." He stepped back, aware that everyone was still looking at him, so he introduced the newcomers

"Hum...so, this is Mikey, my little brother" he looked at Frank and lightly smiled at him "And this is Frank, a friend of mine."

The guitarist stood up and walked towards them "I'm Pete, and this is my house, nice to meet you." He winked at Mikey and shook Frank's hand

Gerard rolled his eyes and tried to ignore Pete's behaviour towards his little brother, he added "They're gonna stay with us for tonight, is it okay ?"

Pete smiled and nodded "Yeah, of course."

------------------------------------------

The rest of the night went okay, Gerard introduced Bert, Mikey and Frank to his friends but Frank kept his distances with everyone, including Gerard, he wasn't here to make new friends, he was here for Mikey, or at least, that's what he was trying to believe.

Around midnight, as he was bored of listening to Pete's fabulous stories or to witness his attempts to seduce Mikey, he decided to simply leave the room. He needed to be alone for a moment.

While everyone was distracted by Pete's speech, he escaped the living room without being seen. As he walked through the corridors, Frank looked at the ornaments and pictures hung on the wall, the house seemed pretty ancient, there were an old telephone on a small table, Frank played with the buttons a few seconds, then continued his visit. He headed towards the stairs and walked along another corridor, he pushed a door and entered it, it was a bedroom. The room didn't seemed to be occupied, there was only a bed and a closet

Frank sat at the edge of the bed and sighed. He liked the silence of the room. No talking, no laughing, no music, just silence. Sometimes, Frank really couldn't stand the noise, let alone people.

He finally laid on the bed and started to think. About Gerard.

This boy was messing with his mind, besides, Frank was still not over the fact that Gerard didn't actually want him to go after him, and he didn't understood why he felt so hurt and disappointed 

Maybe, somehow, he had hoped that  Gerard liked him and wanted to spend more time with him, but he did asked him to stay tonight, so it was still a good thing, wasn't it ?