Chapter 14

Frank needed to think. Where could Gerard be? Maybe he was with that guy, the one from the nightclub,with long and greasy black hair.

Frank knew it was none of his business,but he just couldn't stay here and sit idly by. He had to do something, he had to find Gerard, because yes, even tho they weren't friends, for some reasons, Frank was worried about him. But he also had to do it for Mikey.

"Frank, you okay ?" Mikey asked, cautiously. Frank was indeed gazing at the floor for about twenty seconds now.

Frank looked up and nodded  "Oh, um,yeah... I was thinking about this guy I saw with Gerard once.. long black hair, blue eyes..."

"Bert ?"  Mikey cut him off. He did know who Bert McCracken was. He was a « friend » of Gerard, well, more like his drinking buddy. Mikey didn't like Bert, at all. He was a bad influence for Gerard. Unfortunately Gerard and him knew each-other since they were 16 years old.

"Probably, do you know where he lives?" Frank asked, feeling the hope growing inside him

"Of course..for all the time Gerard spent at his house.." Mikey rolled his eyes

Frank raised an eyebrow "You say that as if he knew Bert since a long time...but, you just moved here, barely two weeks ago. I'm a bit confused..."

"Oh, yeah, we moved in this area but we've always lived here, in Belleville. Simply, in a different neighborhood " 

"Really?" Frank was surprised, he didn't understand why he never saw them before if they lived in the same town since always. Mikey was about his age, so why did he never saw him at school ? And Gerard...no, he was nineteen, he wasn't going to high school anymore, Frank wondered what Gerard was doing with his life, currently. He didn't really seem to go to college or to have a job...

"Why did I never saw you before then?" Frank added

Mikey shrugged "I don't know, I guess we went to different schools from yours.." he replied , simply.

"There is only one high school. Why did I never saw you there? And neither Gerard?" Frank insisted

"Um.. it..it is my first year in high school, I'm only fifteen.'' Mikey answered shyly

"Oh. Okay.. I didn't know." Frank always thought that Mikey seemed younger, but he never really thought about it. It didn't matter anyway. " But, what about Gerard, as he is nineteen, I should have saw him when he was a senior" Frank added

Mikey shook his head and winced "He barely went to school that year, he didn't give a shit about school and everything, you know..he was skipping all the time, and to be honest, I don't even know why he didn't get kicked out of school. "

Frank cleared his throat as he realized that it wasn't the topic. He didn't care about that. He didn't want to talk about high school, he was trying to find where Gerard could be, in the first place.

"So, could you lead me to Bert's house?" Frank hadn't really thought of a plan, he would just go there and see if Gerard was there. But if he wasn't, he had no idea of what to do next. He sincerely hoped that he would be at Bert's.For the moment, it was their only lead.

"You think Gerard is there?" Mikey asked with a glimpse of hope in his hazel eyes.

Frank shrugged his shoulders and sighed "I don't know Mikey. But we have to check. "

The younger boy nodded and stood up "Let's go. Go get your bike, I'll be waiting for you in the garden in 5 minutes"

"What ? You wanna go right now?" Frank asked, his eyebrow raised

"Why wait?" Mikey replied curtly. Frank never saw him like that, he seemed so anxious and worried. But it was understandable, who wouldn't be ? He had not seen his brother in almost a week, and had no idea where he was. Besides,Frank wondered why Mikey didn't try to go look for him until now.

"Why did you wait today to look for him ?" Frank asked ,cautiously. He didn't want Mikey to feel guilty, but he was just curious. Frank Iero had the annoying habit of being curious. Too curious, and he knew it.

Mikey looked down and bit his lip. "I thought he would come back... I hoped he would." Frank felt bad, Mikey seemed so sad... The older boy came closer to him, and put his hand on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault Mikey. Okay? " Frank really meant it. It was Gerard's fault, and at the moment,Frank was mad at him for leaving Mikey without any news. He probably didn't think it would affect him, but it did.

Mikey didn't reply, he was silent. Frank sighed and added

"We will find your brother Mikey, I promise."

Mikey nodded and Frank left the house and ran to his own, once in his garage, he took his bike and joined Mikey in his garden, to sun went down, they had to act quickly.

Mikey was already on his bike, he looked at Frank, who nodded and said

''I'll be right behind you, go."